[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw bad at math
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>tfw bad at math
>>
I also suck at math.

I guess you could target where you are lacking.
>>
Khanacademy. Practice. Persistence.

You are longer bad at math.
>>
>>17300763

This isn't asking for advice.
>>
>>17300763
Where's the question?
>>
File: 1467087553042.png (3 MB, 1500x2105) Image search: [Google]
1467087553042.png
3 MB, 1500x2105
>>17300912
>>17301023
OP here. You guys fucking idiots or something? I want to get better at math
>>
>>17301681
Practice practice practice. That's about all there is to it.
>>
>>17300763
>>17300910
No one is bad at math. Stop being a bitch and study hard. Do every problem your teacher assigns and every practice problem in the book. Study math 4 hours a day if you have to. All humans have the capacity to do math.
>>
>>17300763
Just finished up a degree in math. Some of the easiest stuff ever.

Want to know my secret? I pay attention in class and do all my homework. When I don't get something I ask a question. People kept saying how good I was in math, but that's bullshit because that's just an excuse. People don't want to put in the effort so they just go "oh well I'm bad at math it's not fair because it's easy for you XD"
>>
>>17300911
this right here.

khan academy, youtube. go. fin.
>>
>>17302096
so true. the only people who think others are smart because they know math are just lazy asses.

good read, you get a twizzler.
>>
If textbooks are more your thing, openstax has free textbooks on basic math subjects (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra and trigonometry, pre-calculus and calculus). I've much preferred doing this over Khan Academy.

Is there anything in math that you're bad at in particular, OP?
>>
best /adv/:

>relate algorithms to the mechanics of the natural world
>that is where they are derived from anyway

Learn why and not how
>>
math is faggotry

i just dropped calculus for the 3rd time. too much fucking useless work, i'm a business major for fucks sake let the fucking accountant monkeys do the goddamn math
>>
Don't listen to these people saying Math is easy.

Math is an accumulative subject. You have to really stay up on it each semester/year, because it all builds up on itself as you get in to the varies regions of Calculus or any other advanced math subjects.

If you get behind it can become very difficult, but there are a lot of videos that help breakdown certain concepts, but memorization is often still necessary.

I say this as a computer scientist with a degree in engineering physics and mathematics.
>>
>>17300763
math is logic, unlike any other subject there is only one answer to each question/equation. the more logically you think the easier math is, in saying that practice times tables, they are base for everything, when you know your times tables you will find it all comes easier.
>>
>>17301866
No shit. Anyone can do anything if they sacrifice all of their time and energy for it. The point is some people are just so naturally bad and repulsed by math that the amount of sacrifice they would need to put into becoming good at it wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>17302131
Marketing here, you will regret that.
>>
>>17302096
Same when others asked me how I got to be so good with history/grammar/writing/foreign language. Honestly, I have a knack for it. Math holds the attention of some, and vice versa with the aforementioned subjects. Personally, i could hardly keep my eyes open during math. I wound up in the slow class despite the fact that i excelled in all other areas, studied, and asked questions. Math is beyond dull to me, but everyone is different.
>>
>>17300911
>go to khan academy for a problem in 9th grade i had trouble with
>watch video
>my mind blind goes blank
>watch video repeatedly trying to understand how to solve the problem
>still didnt get it
>cried my self to sleep because I felt like a complete failure that night
That's when I realized I was born with a defective brain. I can't remember the exact equation or what ever but I was in 9th grade I remember and I failed nearly every math class I had throughout school because I knew I struggled with it and just gave up at an early age and it just snowballed from there. Theres really nothing I can do to change it now.
>>
File: 1463570748990.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
1463570748990.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>17301681
Then fucking study more. There is no magic bullet, you study and talk to your professor until you understand the material.

I saw people do the bare minimum all the time then whine about how hard it was, and christ its insufferable.

>>17302131
>i just dropped calculus for the 3rd time.
Let me guess, calc 2?
>>
>>17302167
Totally. I mever said it would be fun, ot even easy for that matter, for everyone. Some people will get it faster than others, but from my experience I can attribute that mkee to confidence than to some hidden math talent.

People who hate math tend to hate it when they get a bad teacher/professor and then they lose their confidence and start the downward spiral of "math is hard :(".

For some of these people, they have bo interest in math to begin with. That's when it really takes a lot of work.

But most people are just too lazy to put in the effort.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.