[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating For Career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
There's a girl I know with a skill set that could help advance my career. I don't like her, but she was flirting with me when I met her, so the thought occurred to me to date her to advance my career.

Yes, many of you will say I'm an asshole, snd you're probably right, but this discussion will not advance at all by merely pointing out something that has already occurred to me.

And some of you will suggest I find a girl I actually like, but I can't find one at all, so I might as well date one who is useful. I would like advice on pulling this off. Bonus points if I don't have to sleep with her.

Alright, let's see how this thread goes.
>>
>>17300631
Women do it to men all the time
>>
>>17300631
Women do it consistantly. Go for it.
>>
>>17300638
>>17300644
All well and good, but my question was never of morality, simply of pulling it off.

Do I start talking to her about her skills and make more conversation based on that until asking her out? Do I simply ask her out and feign interest until I can bring it up later? How long should I date her before I ask her for help?

What is the appropriate amount of distance I should keep so she doesn't get too attached, but close enough so she will help me? How can I orchestrate this so I can retain access to her services after I break up with her? How do I avoid having to sleep with her?
>>
>>17300644
>>17300638
So people only read enough to trash women. Men do it two, OP is an example of this.
>>
>>17300735
Too* it was auto corrected.
>>
>>17300735
>Men do it two
*too

>OP is an example of this
Future example; I've never done this before, hence my questions.
>>
>>17300631
If your career is the top priority right now in your life and don't have a problem using someone then go for it!
>>
>>17300707

I would use her skill set to complement her and talk about it with her. Obviously the skill set is something that you don't have and that you are interested in, so basing your complements around how smart and skilled she is can probably get her to think you are interested in her. The best way to feign interest in someone is to actually find an aspect of them that you want to learn about and ask them about it. Therefore the whole feigning interest in them thing doesn't seem as fake.
>>
>>17300748
>If your career is the top priority right now in your life
It I'd by circumstance. I need to get wealthy enough to become a better catch.

>don't have a problem using someone
Well, I'm trying to do as little damage as possible, maybe have something in it for her. I don't mind being good company and providing some degree of moral/emotional support; I just don't want to sleep with her, that's it.
>>
>>17300766
> It I'd by
*it is by

>>17300759
This seems to make sense, thank you.
>>
>>17300737
Here, Nazi >>17300736
>>
>>17300735
>So people only read enough to trash women.

Hardly trashing women when it's 100% accurate.
>>
>>17300766
Interesting. When women do this, they don't care about the guy's well-being at all. Why do you care?
>>
>>17300800
>When women do this, they don't care about the guy's well-being at all.
Nice dubs, but that's largely irrelevant to me. I'm not doing this to try to get back at women or something.

>Why do you care?
She's a nice enough girl, no need to fuck someone over just because I can. If arrangements can be mutually beneficial, they are better, in my opinion.
>>
Don't trap yourself
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.