[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two-three weeks ago I had unprotected sex a girl I used to fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: android-disgust.gif (580 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
android-disgust.gif
580 KB, 600x366
Two-three weeks ago I had unprotected sex a girl I used to fuck sometime back in 2013. Right after sex, she told me she had had unprotected anal sex with a bunch of Somalis (long story short, she's a heroin addict and she used to deal to make money but I guess she turned to prostitution instead).

Now I have fever, my joints hurt and I have a sore throat, which might be symptoms of acute HIV infection or a fucking flu.

I know I can't rely on a negative test until 6 months, but is there any point in going to the doctors tomorrow and get a blood test at all?

Pic not related, but was my reaction when she told me (right fucking after).
>>
yes, because if you get a positive and taking pills now you'll be much better off. also you probably have all the other STDs, some of those you can get a negative for now
>>
>>17300077
RIP
>>
Sorry OP but I'm too busy laughing to form a proper response.
>>
Female-to-Male transmission is still fairly uncommon in the Western World, so don't panic yet.

But do get your advice from a doctor, not a forum.
>>
10/10 stroy bro, seems like a b8. Post pics of Somalis.
>>
File: 9125.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
9125.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
>>17300077
>>
>>17300092
>Female-to-Male transmission is still fairly uncommon in the Western World, so don't panic yet.
It's uncommon, but she's obviously in a high-risk group and I would freak less out if I just had a burning sensation when peeing.

>But do get your advice from a doctor, not a forum.
Of course, but in ten years ago there were no point in going to the doctors until 6 months because they couldn't tell the difference between a real positive and false positive at all.

>>17300097
Why the fuck would I have photos of some random dudes she fucked in order to get money for drugs?
>>
>>17300084
Well I don't really have any of the symptoms of the other (other than the whole generic viral infection thing which might be HIV or a flu or whatever), but I guess it doesn't hurt to at least check for chlamydia and while were at it herpes.

>>17300090
It's okay, I would think it was funny too. Especially since it incidentally also is a very long time since I had sex with anybody too.
>>
>>17300077
>>
>>17300077
i'll take the bait

go to a hospital or your doctor because newer tests (fourth-gen ELISA) can show up positive from the secnd week of infection

and those symptoms can perfectly be HIV primeinfection

t. doctor
>>
Its probably herpes op. Not that big a deal desu. Even if you get it you can still fuck other people and pretend like you had no idea you had it. Or find someone else with it
>>
>>17300172
>newer tests (fourth-gen ELISA) can show up positive from the secnd week of infection
Thanks. If I go to my GP, do I have to explicitly ask for this or do everyone in the western world do this by now?
>>
>>17300179
i'm not a first worlder but even in my shitty country (Chile) we have foruth-gen ELISA

and the trend right now is the sooner you treat a patient, the best outcome it gets so don't waste any time, lad
>>
>>17300177
I choose to use this very valid concern about disgusting people with herpes being liars as my excuse for being a virgin as opposed to my glaring character flaws.
>>
>>17300186
Okay, I'll get an appointment with my GP tomorrow then. Thanks.

Btw, it the test turn out negative, how often should I come back in order to verify the negative?
>>
Holy fuck, I was a little down about being a 22 yo virgin and lonely as fuck

but this thread helps me cope
>>
The odds are pretty low vaginally
>>
>>17300146
Most STDs show no symptoms at all on many cases, so that's why it's important to get regularly tested even if you feel perfectly fine. For example, only 10% of males with chlamydia show symptoms.

Also, for herpes, that's a lot more complicated than most people think. Most STD tests do not actually test for HSV, even if they say they do.
>>
>>17300191
it depends, but usually 12 weeks after exposure
>>
>>17300189
You most likely have herpes already, even as a virgin. Most people get it as a baby and never know.
>>
>>17300196
Glad to help. Always use a condom, kids.

>>17300197
Well, I simplified the story, we had sex probably five times over the night (she didn't tell me the story about the somalis until way after) and in addition she was on her period (aka more blood and fluids) and of course being a heroin addict she is obviously in the high-risk group.

I know the odds are low, but I'm kinda freaking out because the symptoms are very similar to those of acute/prime infection.
>>
>>17300202
>so that's why it's important to get regularly tested even if you feel perfectly fine. For example, only 10% of males with chlamydia show symptoms.
Well, as I said in >>17300146 I don't really have a lot of sex, especially not unprotected sex.

>Also, for herpes, that's a lot more complicated than most people think. Most STD tests do not actually test for HSV, even if they say they do.
I know, I did a herpes test three years back.

>>17300209
I was actually born with chlamydia (which is how my parents found out they had it). It's the only time I ever had an STD (well, until now I guess).
>>
>>17300202
>For example, only 10% of males with chlamydia show symptoms
That's females, IIRC. It's uncommon to have chlamydia as a male without any symptoms at all.
>>
>>17300222
>only about 10% of men and 5-30% of women with laboratory-confirmed chlamydial infection develop symptoms.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/stdfact-chlamydia-detailed.htm

Most people who have chlamydia have no symptoms. This can be especially dangerous to women, as it can turn into PID before they even know it and damage their reproductive system to the point of infertility/chronic pain. So people really need to get regular testing as it's such a common and invisible disease.
>>
>>17300237
I stand corrected, but right now (only) chlamydia would be a fucking relief.
>>
File: mmm good.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
mmm good.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>this thread
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.