[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I created a dating account just for the hell of it without expecting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1464991817824.png (115 KB, 598x889) Image search: [Google]
1464991817824.png
115 KB, 598x889
I created a dating account just for the hell of it without expecting much just to see what was in my area and maybe for a quick hookup. The profile picture I used isn't me because I felt weird about having my face on a public dating site, but its a pic I found online of someone who has very similar facial features to mine. Everything else I wrote on the profile is genuine, just the profile pic is fake.

This girl began talking to me about a week ago, and now I'm really starting to like her. We're going on a date tomorrow but now I'm nervous as fuck. Not because of the date but because of the fake profile pic.

Should I be honest and tell her that it was a fake pic or just hope she doesn't notice? I have already deleted the dating profile so she can't go back and look at it. The fake pic is a doppleganger version of me but there's still some minor differences if you look for them.
>>
Post both of the pictures here and I'll use my expertise to see if you'll be okay.
>>
if this were the plot of a movie id watch it
>>
>>17299573
i suggest the same
>>
>>17299573
I'd rather not. I feel strange about putting up my face online which is why this happened in the first place. Trust me we look nearly identical I'm just afraid that she has photographic memory or something and will think I'm catfishing her.
>>
Lmaoo that would be really uncanny if that happened to me. Switch your profile picture to a real picture of you. Also please post both pics.
>>
since you dont want to post your face do you think you can post pictures of 2 people that are about the same amount of lookalikes as you and the profile picture? this would allow us to know if your eye for doppelgangers is good
>>
Just tell her exactly what you posted here if you are genuine it is an understandable reason
>>
If you're more attractive than the image you used in your profile pic, it'd be a nice surprise.

If you're an ugly fat neckbeard and filling in for 6packmcgee on your profile pic, it's going to be awkward and I hope there'll be a scene if it's in a public location.
>>
>>17299603
Get over it and post.
>>
>>17299611
It's hard to compare it to others, but the best example I can think of is the striking resemblance between Will Ferrell and Chad Smith. A friend of mine showed me the pic because he thought it was me and a few others agreed
>>
>>17299623
I'm thinking of doing this and just calling her tonight to explain. Even if never noticed, I'd rather be honest. I know not all women are the same but is that something that would generally be accepted and forgiven or how do you guys think she would react?
>>
>>17299648
Not show up because you've been lieing to her since the moment you met. Because you're catfishing her and her probably ugly.
>>
>>17299652
Fuck maybe I should not see her at all to save myself from the embarrassment and not waste her time.
>>
>>17299668
Post your pictures faggot, maybe you're in the safe zone. It's this type of pussyfooting that got you into this problem originally.
>>
>>17299668
Show her your real pic you autist.
>>
>>17299668
I agree, a real pic is necessary, blur out the eyes and delete exif. No angles, special lighting, or make-up.
>>
>>17299648

Spare yourself the trouble and don't even bother if the resemblance is really that close.

I'm not even a nihilist or a moral subjectivist or whatever the fuck, but even I can tell that this moral conundrum is created entirely in your own head.

The goal of a profile photo is to show what you look like. If you say that even your friends thought that the pic was of you, then there is no real practical difference between that photo and the real you. Hell, people primp themselves and use makeup/angles all the time, why are you sweating bullets and making it more awkward for no reason? Keep in mind that she still has no seen the real you yet - if you tell her this, she will probably think you're a creeper no matter what you say.

Just go to the date without saying anything. If it works out, tell it to her later as a funny story, pretty exactly like you explained here. "Well, actually I wasn't even that serious, I just wanted to see how the website worked so i put some of my real info on there with a fake photo... and then I met you." If everything else on your profile has checked out and she likes you, she won't give a shit - in fact if you present it well enough it could be one of those cute "how did we meet" stories.

"I made an account to troll people... but instead the first thing that happens is that I met the love of my life. I guess cupid got the last laugh, huh?"

If she DOESN'T like you or it doesn't pan out then it literally doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>17299558
That's called catfishing.
>>
>>17299687
Thank you this is is the only serious response I've had here along with a couple others so I'll just do this. You really helped bring my nerves down man. I think it will be passable and even if it doesn't go well, It's worth a shot.

It makes sense to not tell her now because first impressions are everything.
>>
>>17299828
Show us a pic.
>>
>>17299805
its subtle catfishing
>>
>>17299828
First impression: who the fuck is this guy? Is he going to murder me? Oh god, I'm terrified to leave this restaurant
>>
Honestly, if I went to meet up with someone I met online and they weren't the person in their photo, I'd make my excuses and leave ASAP, then never contact them again.

You can't say you used a fake picture because you wanted to just see what was out there, then proceed to use the site seriously. That just doesn't make any sense
>>
>>17299866
I can see how it doesn't make much sense but I ended up liking her more than I thought. She's seeing real pics of me now without telling her about the fake one and asked to meet tonight instead.. so she hasn't noticed anything. If this thread is still up, I'll tell you guys how it went.
>>
She gonna call police on you for catfish

Enjoy prison
>>
Ok well first of all you shouldn't have done that. If you tell her she'll be creeped out and you'll already be broken. So don't tell her, wait until you're close and you can trust her.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.