[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ My parents are going out of town for the weekend and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Hey /adv/

My parents are going out of town for the weekend and my friend talked me into throwing a party.

However, while I have been to a party, I've never had a party at my house before.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for making this be fun/go smoothly etc
>>
well, what kind of plan do you have? how many people? how much space do you have, how much money do you have to spend?

Normally you shouldnt let others let you push you to make a party.
>>
>>17298827
I'm not really against the idea, I just probably wouldn't have chosen it myself

I have no plan so far but smaller is probably better. I don't have much money really, but BYO for parties is the standard here. My house is bigger side of average.
>>
>>17298806
As someone who recently graduated uni and having dealt with many parties in the past, I suggest one very important thing:

The only time any crazy bad shit will happen if people get too drunk. To solve this, provide a central mixer for the party. Tell them ahead of time as to entice them to come but also discourage them from bringing a lot of their own shit.

When you make this mixer, you make it super weak. Problems solved.
>>
>>17298969
I forgot to give you a good mixer. My go to is as follows:
-Go to CVS/convenience store and buy a pallet of Arizona Watermelon. It should cost <$20.
-Buy one or two handles of Burnett's watermelon
-Throw it all together

This makes about 3 or 4 Gallons iirc
>>
>>17298969
But then I have to supply all the alcohol haha noppeeeee
>>
>>17298976
This >>17298975
costs like $35 and can prevent a lot of dangerous situations as long as you water it down. Unless you can't actually get the alcohol. Then that sucks.
>>
>>17298982
There is no way that a bottle of vodka is enough to get more than 20 college aged people drunk like I'd need about 5 bottles of it, or 4 at least
>>
>>17298990
I don't think you understood my post. The point is not to get them drunk, its to make them think they are getting drunk. They will act the same. But with a lot less vomit.
>>
>>17298990
Also, I assumed because of
>Parents house
That it would be all high school aged kids
Who don't know shit about drinking and can't handle much. If they are actually older than college freshmen you can bump it up to 2 or 3 bottles.
>>
>>17299011
This. The last thing you want is someone bringing a handle of vodka and they start chugging it. Are you 21 yet? If not, I'd suggest keeping the party small. Only invite people you know and trust. One drunk idiot can leave and ruin your whole life. Also, you should stay sober the whole night
>>
>>17299040
Oh right yeah that's fair enough to assume. 2 or 3 bottles sounds good, maybe I could get some people to put in cash for it too

>>17299045
I'm not staying sober fuck that. I'll make sure I don't have too much though.
>>
So people won't drink a lot you have to spread the booze out across a lot of people.

Post on Facebook, craigslist and any other spot that you' re having a party. Hundreds of people will show up and your Captain Morgan's spiced rum will be limited to a few drops per person.
>>
>>17299958
or people get their own drink and fuck up the house?
just keep it to 12-15 people max OP, anything over that amount just calls for shitstorm
>>
File: adgaghfshseh.png (274 KB, 501x498) Image search: [Google]
adgaghfshseh.png
274 KB, 501x498
>>17299958
Assuming this post is serious, which I dont think it is

>Post on Facebook,
Don't do this
>craigslist and
NEVER DO THIS
Recipe for disaster. Only invite your friends and let them bring their friends. The closest you should get to inviting randos is inviting grills through tinder
>>
>>17299803
>maybe I could get some people to put in cash for it too

Oh shit I forgot about that. I know people that actually make money by charging access to the mixer. If its all people you trust, just ask them for the money. If it's mostly randos, get a colored sharpie and mark an x on their hand if they paid, and use a certain color of solo cups. If you see someone drinking from that kind of cup without an x then ask them for money.

I would charge around 10% of what you spent.
>>
Let your friend arrange the party for you.

You want the party to be successful, so that people will talk to their friends about this great party anon threw together at his place.

Don't leave it up to your inexperienced hands.
>>
>>17300065
The solo cups and x's idea is really good thanks
It mostly should be people I know though so I'll just ask for cash
Solo cups is also a good idea so they don't break my family's glassware haha
>>
>>17300959
Another thing, make sure your trash bins are emptied before and after the party. Even if your parents know about the party, all they care about is that the house is clean afterwards.

I suggest "making" extra trash bins by hanging trash bags in certain spots.

Also, have lots of paper towels on hand.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.