[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to deal with the easily offended?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 11575284675117909573.jpg (73 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
11575284675117909573.jpg
73 KB, 480x640
recently more and more people seem extremely offended by my offhand banter, which is by and large a tool to entertain myself.

is this a sign of
[] me being totally inappropriate
[] folks needing to get over it

how can people stand being so fucking boring?
>>
>>17297966
>guys I act like a huge douche to make myself laugh and then people remember it and hold it against me! What the heck man

Are you between the ages of 13-17 OP?
>>
>>17297984
who said i was being a douche anon?
i skirt away from anything outright insulting.
>>
File: ch7.gif (49 KB, 600x197) Image search: [Google]
ch7.gif
49 KB, 600x197
>>17297994
If you're right, then kudos to you. It takes a decent amount of charisma to pull that off with strangers in the politically correct modern world.

Just be open to considering the fact that you're wrong. It seems to me that whether or not something is insulting depends entirely on the person's reaction within the context of the interaction. In your case, that means that every person who was 'extremely offended' by your comments was under the impression that you said something 'outright insulting.' In some sense, that means you *did* say something outright insulting, even if you didn't intend for it to be so.

Look, some people are oversensitive cunts. It sucks, and you can't do anything about that. I'd just stop trying to have friendly banter with people that have reacted poorly to your sense of humor in the past.

It's also worth considering whether or not maybe you're too sensitive about people's negative reactions to your banter. Really, go do whatever the fuck you want. At least you have enough of a personality to evoke reactions from people. People like that shit, even if they don't think that they like it.

Just some food for thought
>>
>>17298043
>Just be open to considering the fact that you're wrong.
oh don't worry, i am. i'm considering it hard. it has historically been extremely impt to me to avoid hurting others while gleaning my lulz.
on the other hand, experience has taught me that ppl probably in fact deserve it and more, but that doesn't mean i dish it out just so.
i seem to be able to get along with the vast majority of people so by and large it's a question of whether i choose to exercise ego control at any moment and what the tradeoffs of such are.
frankly i'm extremely disappointed that it's so hard to find those who can properly execute the bantz. this site has plenty of flaws but at least people know how to shipost.
>>
File: Bucky-Centric.gif (156 KB, 900x284) Image search: [Google]
Bucky-Centric.gif
156 KB, 900x284
The problem seems to stem from your inability to have a thought without verbalizing it.

That's where you need to direct your energy.
>>
>>17297966
>folks needing to get over it
It is only ever a sign of this. You could try being more appropriate but why the fuck do you care what these fags who can't handle the slightest banter think?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.