[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>24years old >still a plethora of mental problems what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1379865182400.jpg (286 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1379865182400.jpg
286 KB, 1600x1200
>24years old
>still a plethora of mental problems
what do? everyone told me I will grow out of it
>>
>>17297630
You go to a fucking psychiatrist, because some psychological issues don't just go away on their own.
Schizophrenia, OCD, bipolar, etc. Lots of things you don't just "grow out of".

What problems are you having, specifically?
>>
>>17297673
I dont want to go to a psychiatrist or a psychologist. The whole idea od proffesional help for me is disgusting from an ethical point of view.
>>
>>17297685
Then suck it up.
>>
>>17297685

you have to start talking to people in general. Socializing is key to solving mental illness.
>>
>>17297685
Look, when you're sick, you see a doctor.
When it's in your gut, you see a gastroenterologist.
When it's in your psyche, you see a psychiatrist.
That's generally how it goes.

>The whole idea od proffesional help for me is disgusting from an ethical point of view.
Why? Care to explain?

>>17297752
Not necessarily. In some situation, going out and having more social contact before making a plan with a shrink isn't helpful and may even be detrimental (to the subject and/or whoever they're interacting with). See cluster-B PDs for example.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.