[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help with anger management. Anyone got some tips or tricks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 19.jpg (13 KB, 358x251) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
13 KB, 358x251
Need help with anger management.

Anyone got some tips or tricks to managing it? I ask because, while I don't necessarily argue with my partner, they always see me getting frustrated over even the smallest things. I don't want to think that's all I am, just a bundle of rage.

I've been told that anger issues are usually genetic, or because of what you've experienced when young, and I imagine that this is the case due to my father influencing with his own when I was young.

I've made some decent progress with it, recognizing that I shouldn't take myself so seriously, went for a few weeks without getting mad at anything, or at least not being verbal about it and calming myself in whatever ways I can think of, but in the end it seems I have a hairline trigger and can get pissed at even the stupidest shit. Maybe depression and stress is getting the better of me, but I don't just want to write it off as that. I want to make an active attempt to fix it.

tl;dr anyone tips for anger management when I'm already completely self aware of issues (ie. going to meetings won't fix anything)?
>>
Try working out when you get angry, saved a lot of people during middle school for me. The trick is taking the anger you feel and putting it to use in somewhat less destructive means. Like for me, instead of breaking something, I'd go and draw. An even more exciting example, I'd go and fuck something. Finding a release in something you enjoy will always be satisfying.
>>
Recoveryinternational.org

Training in anger management, self help, other stuff.
>>
>>17297419
leave 4chan will help anger
>>
File: 1795980.jpg (57 KB, 638x425) Image search: [Google]
1795980.jpg
57 KB, 638x425
>>17297419
When you feel yourself getting angry or upset, take one big deep breath. Oxygen gets you high and has a calming effect, people get annoyed by it sometimes because you are in more control of yourself and the situation, it relieves stress. Counting to 10 and breathing while closing your eyes is a method people use to deal with stress brought on by situations. I get angry a lot too, and I realized it's me who is making a bigger deal of the situation and taking what someone says out of context most of the time. If you realize you will never truly know what someone meant by what they said because you don't live in their mind and they don't live in yours, you are in ultimate control of yourself and what you think about, if you truly put effort into thinking more positively and direct your energy into self improvement and doing the things that make you happy, you will see a difference. Take yourself out of the situation, it's not running away, it's taking time for yourself to talk yourself down, take the things around you less seriously, see the beauty in the little things, you are ALIVE. That is always something to cherish, this world is so strange, nobody is perfect and will always be imperfect, we are all learning here. I get angry mostly when I drink and people tell me to do things, I hate most people, but I'm working on it. My Father was never emotionally there for anything, it's cool, lifes a breeze.
>>
I found not being surrounded by bullshit helps a lot. I always thought, and a lot of other people did too, that I was just angry, and nothing really worked. turns out, if you get rid of crazy, intentionally aggravating, and generally shit people; along with crappy high pressure jobs with little pay and incompetent and insecure bosses... almost all of that goes away. it's fantastic.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.