[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a part time student with a serve anxiety disorder and a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: help.jpg (21 KB, 304x314) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
21 KB, 304x314
I am a part time student with a serve anxiety disorder and a couple of other disabilities. I originally went to school for graphic design and graduated but after finding work in my field I got very sick from constantly working around people and realized it would be too stressful of an environment for me.

For the summer I knew I was unable to work at a seasonal job but I wanted to make some extra money still so I could save up for equipment to start a photography business. I came up with a really cheeky funny name for my business idea; I decided to do dog walking and dog sitting because I knew it would not affect my health.

Sadly though after I started putting up signs after two weeks someone else in my area decided they liked my idea so much that they would make the same kind of business and copy my layout I created. I thought it was a bit odd but I did not mind the competition. A couple times I even noticed that their signs were falling down so I thought since I was tapping mine up I may as well tape up theirs because it is fair competition then.

Sadly the person was not as nice as me and they started causing a lot of trouble for me, they would rip down my signs and put theirs on top of mine everywhere. The first couple times it happened I thought nothing of it but now I am onto three weeks of them doing this kind of stuff.

I am not really sure as to what to do. The thing that frustrates me is I am unable to work like most people and I just wanted to be able to save up so I could be more independent; because I hate feeling weak the past year my disabilities have been a lot more noticeable.

I have put 200 dollars into advertising now and this person just keeps copying my ideas and taking my stuff down I am not really sure what to do. This money I got from mowing lawns but I can only mow lawns so often.

I need help /adv/
>>
final bump for hope
>>
Someone please respond I am not sure what to do. Why is it people nature is so horrible and dishonest yet those are the people who survive. I feel pretty worthless stuff like this keeps happening to me. I want to leave something meaningful behind but what I am good at is deemed not needed or is belittled yet everyone steals my ideas but in a way they can deny stealing. How can I live if I am unable to work? I rather die than get money from the government.
>>
I don't know what advice to give you but I'm hoping someone can help you out. This makes me very sad.
>>
Unfortunately, it's a doggy dog world, and this is just how capitalism works. It sucks that someone's being such a shitbag about this, but there's really nothing you can do to stop them. Where are you advertising? Perhaps you can go into shops and ask them to advertise there for you - that way the other person can't take yours down. Also look into getting clients by word of mouth; talk to friends and family and tell them to tell their friends, coworkers etc. about it. Perhaps offer to do someone's wedding or graduation photos for free to get publicity too (but charge them if they want them printed)
>>
>>17297888
Thank you Anon sending you good vibes.

>>17297922
I paid the city to be able to put up signs publicly. Sadly the shops in my area are not that nice and refuse to put my signs up even the small pet stores. I am goino to try the condos near me this week and give them a call. I have been doing online advertising too but the small businesses in my areadings are not too welcoming and any forums for advertising locally have been remobing my posts even though I am following the guidelines so I stopped bothering on those sites. I have been advertising locally on Facebook kijiji and Craigslist. I think I picked out the worst area to start a business. I only have two clients but I got them from word of mouth.
>>
Talk it out with him. If that doesn't work tear his shit down and put your shit back up.
>>
>>17297958
Use care.com
>>
>>17297959
I am very bad at confronting someone when they are not doing something right. This is an example a couple days ago when I was in a parking lot about to get in my car a lady completely wrecked someone car in the parking lot she was going to reverse away but I stood infront of the car my body would not move she started threatening me but I said nothing and stood there. I could of been really hurt but I get stupid in situations like that so I think it is wise to avoid it. I think if I confronted him he be more likely to be more aggressive about it he already knows what he is doing but does not care.
>>
>>17297969
I already do. I use a couple other sites like petsitter too. There is no market in my area I think. I have only ever saw one person posting an add for a dog walker needed in the past two months for my area. It may be time to move onto something else which scares me because I can not really think of any jobs that would not affect my health that I can get in my area.
>>
>>17297989
I saw your AFB post as well. Since your anxiety limits you, perhaps you should address that first. Starting any kind of home business or virtual business is going to run into the same issue again. Dealing with clientele or customers.

Your anxiety and other issues aren't keeping you fromm trying to earn money. That's a good sign. Are you okay with one on one interactions? Customer service rep work at home jobs aren't half bad. Some can be a little face paced though
>>
>>17298006
I am not very good with sales and trying to sell something to someone because of having audiotaury processing disorder. I am at my best when I work without the person talking to me. I chose dogs because dogs bring out the best in me and I am very calm around them. I will focus on the dog rather than the human and the owners like that for some reason. I am a bit odd I have known since I was a child that finding a path that wold suit me would be difficult because I am not what people are use to.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.