[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was called up by a detective >went to meet him >accused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: prisoner.jpg (58 KB, 600x643) Image search: [Google]
prisoner.jpg
58 KB, 600x643
I was called up by a detective

>went to meet him
>accused me of a bunch of non-sense
>had no recollection
>eventually walked out of the building
>told me he could arrest even though I walked out of the building
>he told me I'd be hearing from him again, and his name will be coming up again

don't know what I should do. I don't know if they're pursuing charges or what.
>>
>>17297217

>no context given
>not explaining what you were accused of

Why do fags like you always post in this manner? Nobody can help you until you give us context.
>>
>>17297220

I was arrested for being naked in a park
>>
>>17297220
My question is more about procedure. I mean, how do they usually act under different kinds of scenarios.
>>
>>17297232
wasn't arrested. allowed to leave after questioning. He told me i'd be hearing from him again
>>
>>17297234

snipers on the roofs of the buildings close to you
>>
>>17297217
Take some advice from somebody who spent a good portion of my life doing the kinds of things that can land you in prison for decades on a first offense but has never actually had a conviction for anything.

Never talk to the police without an attorney. Period. The only exception is if you're filing a complaint or have been pulled over, and even then I'd keep to to the bare minimum for the transaction. You do not meet with them. You do not submit to an interview or a search. You do not allow them in your home. You politely, but firmly, ask if you are free to go. If they say no, you ask to contact your attorney.
>>
>>17297237

can I please get a serious response or some advice from anyone?
>>
>>17297246

This

Get a lawyer.
>>
>>17297246
I used my right to remain silent when he first accused me of something. But as I was walking out of the building he told me I'd be hearing from him again. Now what? Will I?
>>
>>17297251
Get a lawyer. Do not speak with the police. I don't care if they're accusing you of not paying your parking tickets or of killing the pope, your job is not to clear things up. The only reason they want to talk to you is to produce a charge and they're allowed to lie, mislead, and intimidate you to do it. Shut your mouth and lawyer up.
>>
>>17297251

Drones with Hellfire missiles hovering over you
>>
>>17297256
Probably, although you shouldn't have gone to the building at all. Don't return his calls. Don't speak to him if he approaches you. If he shows up at your home, ask if he has a warrant for your arrest and if the answer is no you ask him to leave your property. You don't talk about whatever it is he wants to talk about.

Fifteen years or so ago I had some cops show up at my house asking about a pretty serious felony. They said they had evidence, they wanted me to come with them, they wanted me to straighten things out, they said they could help me. I gave them my lawyer's card and told them to talk to him. You bet your ass I heard from them again, they gave me the full press, they wanted me scared, but they never did arrest me.
>>
>>17297258
considering I haven't been charged, and able to leave what should I expect now?
>>
>>17297266

The missiles bro
>>
>>17297264
okay, how long between when they talked to you again?
>>
>>17297266
I don't know what you're being questioned about. If its a small thing like a misdemeanor you can probably expect another call or two, maybe even him showing up at your house. If we're talking about a felony, theres going to be more pressure. If this is personal you're in for a bad time. Either way, you NEED a lawyer. You think you can do this on your own, but you've already made the kind of mistake that even some criminals make.

Heres the game: if they had enough to charge you they would charge you and get their brownie point for adding to the clearance rate. He's shaking your cage and trying to get you to do something stupid to implicate yourself. He does this for a living and is better at it than you. Get a lawyer.

Whats the offense?
>>
>>17297270
That case? Probably three days but they had a squad parked out in front of my house that literally followed me anywhere I went. When they finally came to talk to me again it was at my job, more an intimidation tactic than anything else. When it was all said and done I had to get my lawyer to threaten a harassment suit to get them to back off.
>>
>>17297274
lawyers can be expensive can't they?
>>
>>17297293
You wanna find out what six months in county or a year in prison costs?

Again, whats the charge?
>>
>>17297304
All other communication will be done through my lawyer, thank you
>>
I think OP actually did something and is trying to act like a victim.
>>
>>17297269
Stop lying to him. He's scared enough without your bullshit

OP, they will not shoot you or fire missiles at you. Government research has concluded it is much more cost effective to add cyanide to your water supply (there is already a mechanism to do so in your plumbing)
>>
>>17297327
Sounds like it to me, what with avoiding the crime in question and being stupid enough to go to a police station. Thats the kind of thing that gets people sent to jail.
>>
OP isn't being stupid, he's actually telling his side of the story. He told the detective that he can't recollect or recall any of the information he was accused of. So if what he stated was true how can he recall what was said to him. For all he knows that detective made it all up. Would be impossible to tell us something he can't remember.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.