[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a girl I'm kind of friends with, I asked her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: limerence.png (226 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
limerence.png
226 KB, 425x425
There's a girl I'm kind of friends with, I asked her out on a date and she smiled a bit and said she's busy studying these days but I insisted a bit and she said she'll text me. I've asked her to do something more casual some weeks ago and she had the same excuse but acted like it bothered her at least a bit that she couldn't go. It can be legit since she's falling behind with college but I don't know. Should I text her first if she doesn't? How much should I insist? Needless to say I really really like her.
>>
>>17296995
She's not interested

Let it go

Paradoxically, letting go can sometimes lead her to be more interested - but don't count on that
>>
>>17297008
I wish she'd just say that she's not interested, I would
>>
>>17297014
It's not that easy unfortunately - especially if you haven't got a great deal of experience with these situations

When you go through this a few times, you'll eventually see when she's not interested and just drop it soon on. Thankfully, this becomes fale-safe... As if you judged wrong, and drop it when she is interested, then she'll be sure to let you know that's the case

Shit hurts, OP. I know. But don't make this harder on yourself than you need to (yes, I used to hate hearing this too. Don't worry - you'll be giving someone else the same advice in a few years time)
>>
>>17297043
Thanks for the advice. I guess you are right. But do you mean there's no way to make her interested by now if she hasn't been yet?
>>
>>17297043

Mostly correct, but
>Shit hurts, OP. I know.
is not how it should be. If it hurts, you fucked up and waited too long to make a move. Don't let yourself get attached before finding out if there is even a chance.
>>
>>17297057
No man, she would've definetely initiated a conversation with you on her own, the fact she didn't plan a new date with you, means she aint interested, and won't be. It's better to let go now, before you are too invested and get your feelings hurt. Save yourself the feels. Not worth it. Instead go for someone that actually wants to go out with you.
>>
>>17297069
Waited too long? Oh shit. Well the thing with this girl was that I only met her for very brief moments and not often enough. And I felt like the timing to ask her out this last time couldn't have been better given the circumstances. Which is why I'm worried now. This was yesterday btw.

>>17297071
Yah I guess the fact that she didn't plan a new date makes it clear. I wish I didn't invest myself emotionally so much into this. No chance she's just shy or something or likes me a bit but isn't sure what to do?
>>
100 percent not interested
>>
>>17297090
>Waited too long?
What I meant is that if it hurts to get rejected, you waited too long.

Just forget it. You are clearly too inept to understand. You keep going deeper into the rabbit hole of denial. Just make sure you don't flip out and kill people once you reach the bottom.
>>
>>17297102
>Just make sure you don't flip out and kill people once you reach the bottom meme
Why do I take advice from you again?
>>
>>17296995
She's a flaker and a cunt. Move on.
>>
General rule of thumb that works 90+% of the time: if she was interested, she would have said yes the first time.

She's probably just trying not to hurt your feelings honestly.

It will be better for both of you just to move on. Start focusing your time and effort on someone who does see you in the same way.
>>
File: 1448558562313.jpg (63 KB, 534x443) Image search: [Google]
1448558562313.jpg
63 KB, 534x443
Gonna hijack your thread OP and ask about that 10% chance.

>year old friend with girl
>catch feels, of course
>roundabout hint at my feelings
>roundabout "no" from girl
>unlike OP, took the hint and dropped it, stopped talking to her after going to uni
>ignore her for four solid months
>she didn't stop calling me, called once a week at least
>didn't fucking give up, god knows why this bitch didn't give up
>give in, she was just happy to talk to me again
>feel horrible for ignoring her
>met up a couple of weeks ago, same chemistry between us that fooled me the first time

What the fuck do I do. Does she just want attention? Why does she pull me away from everyone to fawn over me? Why the fuck won't she stop this torment?
>>
>>17297910
I've hated this stupid fucking picture since it's inception

It came in the first wave of true redditors
>>
>>17297916
You actually give me anxiety every time I post here. Get the fuck off and do something with your life. Jesus Christ, dude.
>>
File: lain.gif (487 KB, 450x343) Image search: [Google]
lain.gif
487 KB, 450x343
>>17297925
I'm always watching
>>
>>17297102
And you are clearly too inept to give actual advice.
>>
>>17297910
>year old friend
She wants to keep talking to you because you're her friend. She must be thinking why you suddenly stopped wanting to be friends with her and she seems to actually value your friendship since she kept reaching out. Maybe you should think about why you strung her along for a year, making her think that you're someone who actually values her company or whatever. Instead, you were too spineless to properly ask her out or state your intentions, and when she "rejects" you (although you can't really call it that since you never made any moves,right ), you act like a child and just start ignoring her.
If a year long friend suddenly cut ties without any explaination, any decent person would wonder if there was anything wrong and keep reaching out. Any reason that it's torment is your own fault. In the future grow a pair and if you like someone, don't spend a year being their 'friend', don't have some kind of ulterior motive, be clear and actually take a risk and tell someone you like them or try asking them out. That way of she doesn't like you in that way you have saved yourself a year you could have spent with someone else, she won't have to go through the realization that you never liked her as a friend. She's not out to get you man
>>
>>17298877
Not that anon but what's up with this post directly contradicting the advice suggested in the rest of the thread?
>>
>>17298881
Probably because I wasn't responding to the situation that everyone else was giving advice on.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.