[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/. Whats the best way to handle a roomate who's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: john-boehner.png (159 KB, 350x287) Image search: [Google]
john-boehner.png
159 KB, 350x287
Hey /adv/.

Whats the best way to handle a roomate who's turned sour for no apparent reason?

It was ok at first but after I've gotten to know him he's one of those selfi mportant, better than thou and meanspirited nerds. For exmple; He thinks Dr.Who is the best. One time I joked "Watching Dr.POO!" and he got butthurt af, but the shitty thing is that he doesn't miss a chance to quip at everything you do. "Are you playing Asscreed?" "NO I'm watching someone else play, actually." and imagine pic is HFW with a shitty tone. Not that I don't like a little bantz but, shit, pretending to be aspergal and not realizing that kind of question is rethorical is annoying, He does this constantly.

It's like these little things he does, too, just to annoy. I know this because he's stupidly said he enjoys making people annoyed and simply loooves to make "smart" and "funny" (aka meanspirited) little comments. It's just shitty and ruins my day to see him home. We're three people living here and he seems to dislike both me and the girl he's renting from. Yes he is equally as shitty to her as he is to me. He moves her stuff around when he feels it doesn't go there. Like moving an empty glass to her room because it was on the livingroom table.

How do I even handle this? I'm not mean, I don't like confrontation and I will not do shitty things to his food even though I'm pretty sure why my toothbrush keeps getting soap on it. He's even starting to annoyedly close the door whenever I get home, like fuck you too buddy. We don't have to be bff, trust me I don't plan on it, but this is seriously ruining my day.

TL:DR, Roomate acts like he's the shit, ruins my day. What do?
>>
>>17296296
You might be projecting a little bit. Think about it
>>
>>17296319
Well, no. I don't love being mean like he does. Sometimes when he tries to think he actually acts like he's doing that mind palace thing from Sherlock Holmes.

Like, I get what you're trying to say here, but trust me. He's like this. If you met him, like all my other friends, agrees that he's "special".

My brother is "special" too, he's just not an asshole about it. This guy has even confessed to being a bully and after he got shit for it he changed his story to being bullied. But I can totally see it.
>>
>>17296350
>Comparing his favorite shows/video games to poo and ass. I'd be pissed off too. I bet you're some insecure manlet with glasses.

How are you being nice by going up to a person and saying hahhaha fuck your favorite stuff let's laugh about it. Are you autistic?
>>
>>17296358
It was clearly a joke, and I did it because, as established in the post above, he jokes about things I like too.

And really? Being this upset about Dr.Poo. Who's the autist here?
>>
>>17296358

How sensitive are you? lol
Being upset about "Dr. Poo" is fucking retarded.

OP should talk to his roomie about it. You guys are not best friend, you are more like business partners, communication is key here.
>>
OP here

Another thing he's been doing lately is not greeting mine or my other roomates guests. I don't expect him to hang out with my little sister and me but she got a bit weirded out when he went straight into his room and didn't come out for the rest of the 4 or 5 hours she stayed there. Did the same to my roomate when she had her gang over. They were weirded out to say the least. And he walked past them like 5 times.

Confronted by my roomate and still no progress.

And it's so weird, we don't do this to his friends when they come over. We are actually nice to them since they seem like nice people.
>>
>It was ok at first but after I've gotten to know him he's one of those selfi mportant, better than thou and meanspirited nerds.
I was 120% one of these and can identify with all the faggy shit you spoke about.

What was causing me to act like a massive douche and think I was better than everyone was a few things:
>Insecurity
Feeling like people think I'm not smart or that they're better than me subconciously prompted me to react the way I did to little inconsequential things that other people would let pass by
>High blood pressure, shitty health and shitty diet
All of these things make you react and interact like shit with people. Staying up late didn't help either. I'd just go through the motions day to day instead of fixing shitty areas of my life and making things better over time.

As for handling it, there are a couple things I'd suggest but I'm not sure how well received any of them would be

1. Sit him down and explain to him objectively and without judgement/pressure that his personality and the way he reacts to certain things frustrate you and drive wedges between him and the other housemates
Simply explaining it might be enough to prompt him to change, but it's unlikely. More likely is he'll simply get defensive, but it's worth a try
2. Suggest meditation and meditate yourself
Meditation helped the fuck out of me because it forces you to drop your ego and stop acting like a dick when someone does or says something you don't like. It helps you examine yourself and others and react objectively to shit
3. Look for health/high blood pressure/other complications. Diabetes and high blood pressure were a huge contributing factor for me. Not sure how you can help him on this without him acting like a dick

It also sounds like you're mildly autistic/dickish yourself so you're probably both winding each other up a bit, so meditate yourself will help if that's the case
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.