[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I moved from Ohio to California about four years ago. Due to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ta5DhXg.jpg (72 KB, 723x585) Image search: [Google]
ta5DhXg.jpg
72 KB, 723x585
I moved from Ohio to California about four years ago. Due to pretty demanding work, I only get to go home to see my parents about once a year. My parents (my mom especially) get very excited when I'm able to visit, as do i.

I now have a girlfriend of three years. She hasn't gone home with me yet but now she wants to meet my parents. I can understand that, and under normal circumstances I would have no problem with that. But the fact that I only get to see them one week out of the year, I really cherish that time and would prefer to be alone with them. My parents would like to meet her too, but would also prefer time alone with me.

Also (much less important, but it's on my mind) my girlfriend is vegan, and none of my favorite foods my mom makes are. So my mom wouldn't be able to cook my favorite dishes for me, and that's something she likes doing and I look forward to.

I am hoping to go home soon, and I think my girlfriend is just assuming that she'll be going too. I need a reality check: am I a huge jerk for not wanting her to go? I've tried bringing this up and she gets offended, which I can see why, but I wish she would be more understanding.

She does not have the financial means to fly out by herself for a shorter period of time so she would have to come with me for the whole time.

What do you guys think about all of this?
>>
>>17296293
First, you are super duper weird for wanting to be 'alone' with your parents. Most people would relish having their SO with them. Secondly, vegans are used to shutting up and eating salad. Buy her some salad and your mom can make what she regularly makes. A polite host will make a dish or two now and again to suit a guest, but it's not necessary to make everyone go vegan for a week. You just sound like you're not really equipped for a real relationship or something. I find you really strange.
>>
>>17296320
dude who cares maybe hes just really close with his mom/dad whatever

as for taking your gf, just do it, be tolerant, and let your mom know shes vegan or whatever like the guy above said

just bring her along, id want my gf to bring me along (not really but you get what im saying)
>>
>>17296335
Seriously. You've been with her three yearsS? Holy shit. Suck it up and take her to see mom and dad. If you ever plan on getting married or having kids you've got to get used to doing family shit as a couple.
>>
>>17296344
>You've been with her three yearsS? (sic)

That's three years with this gf vs three weeks with his parents. I get where he's coming from.
>>
>>17296293
The fact that you have to ask this tells me your girlfriend is one of the annoying vegans who will try to force her ideology on everyone else and make them have a bad time. Why you've put up with it is a mystery. Nobody is worth that hassle.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.