[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides the pay, what makes fast food jobs so shitty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ls.jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ls.jpg
21 KB, 250x250
Besides the pay, what makes fast food jobs so shitty?
>>
people
>>
>>17296273
five guys sucks
>>
Ungodly working hours, the working conditions arent Great either( heat, smoke for example)
Nice people are a rarity, in fact you learn how much of a pig a human can be.
You are likely to eat the shitty food you are selling out of convenience.

Worked 3 years in fast food, wouldnt again
>>
>>17296273
It would be quicker to mention all the positive things...

Ummmm lets see here... Its easy... Uhh.. Help me out here guys
>>
The best thing about working in fast food is learning how shitty both the customers and the bosses treat you. Just so that you can go out in the world and not treat fast food employees like shit.

I really believe that a person has to work in fast food, or generally service jobs.
>>
>>17296313
>Ungodly working hours
don't fast food workers tend to just work 8-hour shifts like anyone else?
>>
I've never held a fastfood job, but I imagine there might be some percieved stigma to it. While i have nothing against the ones working there, i wouldn't want to tell my friends that i worked there. However, this might be me wanting to avoid the stereotype revoling around hischool dropouts working in fastfood; I'm a hischool dropout, i just happen to have a well-paid tech-related career.
>>
>>17296329
Me again. I forgot the most important point: But I'd rather be working in fastfood than not working at all.
>>
>>17296318
You often work nights and weekends, sometimes not leaving the store until midnight or later.

The rest of town is out there enjoying working a steady 9-5 with weekends off. Meanwhile you're the shitter in charge of manning the grill for when they decide to grab some burgers when they're off work. You'll see a couple walk in at 7 PM, both of them off work for the weekend and ready to enjoy some food together, and you realize it's another five hours before you even get to leave, and you're expected back there the next morning to do it all over again.

The pain of working in fast food is that you're serving people who don't work in fast food. Their patronage is a constant reminder that you fucked up in life and aren't out there working literally any other job instead.
>>
>>17296318
Depends.
I've worked up to 10-12 hours a day. Thankfully not everyday.
We didnt have enough staff to have 2 shifts and the payment wasnt enough to justify working less than we did.
also we were like a Little Family who struggled together though hard times, we also hung out a bit after work, chatted and drank Beer.
The Last points are some positives but in my case, i guess, i lucked out
>>
I work at chic fil a. It's a bit nicer than most fast food places because it has a few good bennifits. I talked to some people about leaving and all they keep telling me is "it's the best you will get right now" (im going to be a college freshman). How do I even know that's true. I'm thinking about working for the collage when I go and ditching dick fil a. I'm tired of being nice to assholes and not being able to climb the later.
>>
>>17296353
c o l l a g e
o
l
l
a
g
e

l a t e r
a
t
e
r

and you wonder why you can't climb it.
>>
In my experience it was the co workers as well as the work itself. Dropping chicken and fries into a fryer is easy but not ideal and getting ridiculed while doing it doesn't make it any more fun.
>>
>>17296318
Im near Seattle Washington, the fast food stores dont give you full time unless your a supervisor, they dont like paying overtime or insurance
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.