[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much affection is there normally between couples? A week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1445615022273.jpg (102 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1445615022273.jpg
102 KB, 500x628
How much affection is there normally between couples?

A week ago I ended my fourth relationship for the same reason: lack of affection from her. To give you an idea, I'll explain how our mornings went:
>I wake up before her, as I usually do
>since it's the weekend, I just read the news on my tablet while I wait for her to wake up
>she wakes up, dresses and leaves the room, without saying a single word to me after walking around the bed
>later she comes back in the room and picks up her laptop to take to the kitchen so she can stay on Facebook
And that was it.

There was absolutely no external affection on her part aside from the kiss when we first meet, which is initiated by me. No hugs or kisses while spending the weekend together, no initiation on her part for sex, no verbal ackowledgement that I was even there, nothing.

Am I looking too much into this? Are my views on how two people in a relationship behave with eachother wrong? Am I expecting too much?

I'm asking because this is the fourth time it's happened. Either there is something wrong with me, or I'm just having terrible luck.
>>
>>17296178

You're going to make a great first husband for some lucky young gal out there.
>>
File: 1463325044854.jpg (793 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1463325044854.jpg
793 KB, 2048x1152
>>17296197
Is that sarcasm?

I don't even know anymore, I'm sorry.
>>
>Am I expecting too much?

na, probably just bad luck
>>
I feel the same about my bf sometimes OP.

I am very passionate, affectionate and touchy.. and he's so closed off.

Sometimes I think people like you and me OP, we should find people who are more ready for love.

But I guess I've chosen to just wait and hope that one day he opens up the way I've opened up for him.
>>
>>17296220
I'm 27, I've reached the conclusion that I can't afford to wait and hope that they open up to me. The relationship I've described in the OP lasted a month and a half.

If we're not compatible that way, then I'm out, I really can't afford to get in my 30s still waiting.
>>
>>17296178
Reading that made me sad. My husband and I are in our early 30s and we are still constantly touching, kissing, we spend the majority of our time at home in the same room, and when we are apart we talk/text pretty regularly. You just need to find someone more like you. I wasn't a very physically affectionate person in the beginning, but I have adapted to regular dry humping in the kitchen
>>
>>17296237
Well I'm glad that you at least know what you want. You shouldn't settle for less.
>>
>>17296178
I've been in a relationship for about 6 years.

Our first two or three years were overloaded with affection and fun sex all the time.

The past two years, we've reached a degree of normal. It all depends on the day and mood, I guess. When we're feeling lazy, tired, or hot (especially in the summer) we're not really all over each other. There are moments when we hang out where we just lay next to each other, I'm on my laptop, he's on his phone. Sometimes we talk about things, sometimes we just sit in silence.

There are mandatory signs of affection and stuff. Example, greeting each other with kisses, always holding hands where ever we go, hugs and kisses goodbye. The moment we get into bed, we cuddle, duration of cuddling depends on mood and stuff tho.

Also, if I'm sitting next to him, I'm still gonna put my hand or leg on him or something.

Our physical affection feels really averaged out over the years. We still have days where we're super affectionate, kissing constantly, holding each other. Our sex is always intimate too, even if we are not constantly like that outside the bedroom.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.