[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French here. Can apply for US citizenship. I have a degree in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: t272.png (553 KB, 1069x626) Image search: [Google]
t272.png
553 KB, 1069x626
French here. Can apply for US citizenship.
I have a degree in computer science but no postgrad or work experience - my grades were pretty shit 'cause I skipped many classes but I'd say I’m pretty good.

What's a good non-shithole country to start a career ? Would prefer to stay somewhere in or around europe, but not necessary.
>>
You have to live in the US legally for four years before you can apply.

Maybe look into Mexican citizenship first, then cross the border illegally. Then you can stay indefinitely
>>
>>17296165
No experience, shit grades, skipping classes to me equates to poor work ethic. Good luck mate. You'll need it
>>
>>17296196
>Maybe look into Mexican citizenship first, then cross the border illegally. Then you can stay indefinitely
are you retarded or what? a French citizen can visit the US on a tourist visa very easily. If they fly to Orlando Disney will even subsidize the flight.
>>
>Live in a country where the maximum number of work hours a week is 35
>with 30 free vacations days a year
>with free access to healthcare and education

>What's a good non-shithole country to start a career ?
>wants to go to US
Is this a troll?
>>
>>17296196
I meant "can apply" as in I have a good reason to do so.
My father has US nationality and I match the criterial to get it myself if I go to the embassy/consulate or some shit.

>>17296376
I'd rather work more on something that interests me and choose which social features I want to pay for.
I don't want to go to the US, I just mentioned that I could. Maybe some states aren't as shitty as the rest.

And France is absolutely shit when it comes to compsci jobs.
>>
>>17296165
Boy go to Mauritius.
>>
>>17296394

what makes you think compsci jobs arent also shit in the US?
>>
>I'd rather work more on something that interests me and choose which social features I want to pay for
Choice is good - especially if you don't want those. Just realize that making the choice will end up costing you much more, and no amount of paying will get you some benefits.

In other words: unless you're really great at what you do, prepare to be fucked over

>And France is absolutely shit when it comes to compsci jobs.
I'm curious: why?

I'm comp.sci in Ireland and it's great here, btw. Especially if you want to work for one of the big ones
>>
>>17296413
The amount of them on job sites, and the fact that financally, all startups and big companies which can choose their location have very little reason to be in France.

The overall system is great for people in difficult situations and benefit leeches, but running a company is a bureaucratic and tax hell, as have told me quite a number of people.
Which explains the unemployment and shit jobs for the youth.

I'd rather be easily hired and easily fired than hard to fire but unable to find a good job.

>>17296415
>In other words: unless you're really great at what you do, prepare to be fucked over
Noted. I still want to try, though.

>I'm comp.sci in Ireland and it's great here, btw. Especially if you want to work for one of the big ones
Great to hear, will look into that.

Also, are internships a good option to start with ?

>>17296408
>Boy go to Mauritius.
Somehow I am not convinced.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.