[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I inspire fear as a Dungeon master ? I want my players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 5761444168_933533a54e_b.jpg (264 KB, 1024x562) Image search: [Google]
5761444168_933533a54e_b.jpg
264 KB, 1024x562
How do I inspire fear as a Dungeon master ? I want my players to shit themselves.
>>
>>17296116
Are we talking about d&d or bdsm?
>>
>>17296116
Put some bass in ya voice
>>
>>17296116
>>>/tg/

And fear is a fun thing to work with. Firstly, before establishing anything scary, do let your players know or sense that this what is coming is supposed to be frightful. Then, find a way to "ask" them to comply with the fear - like saying "for it to work, you need to allow yourself to become susceptible to the fear", that kind of stuff. Hypnosis works the same way. Then work on building scary things, things you feel your players would be afraid of. Work on imagery, but equally work on sound - sound, and other senses, are usually scarier than visual.
>>
play with all of the lights off and use candles. Get some sound effects as well.
>>
Get a gun (preferably a shotgun) and clean it while playing. Occasionally point at them with it and make a threat. "Accidentally" shoot a round into the ceiling at one point.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.