[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>recently noticed bad smell in car >check all around, find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1002 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1002 KB, 1536x1024
>recently noticed bad smell in car
>check all around, find weeks old buffalo wings in container in trunk
>container lid had slipped off

Anyone know how to get the smell out?
>>
Black ice air freshener
Clean any spill that wings made
>>
>>17295829
Fire
>>
>>17295829
Does the trunk have carpet-like material and did it spill onto the material?

Get some resolve and a brush and scrub it out.

If it's plastic, just use a strong cleaner.

You must kill the source of the smell before using anything like febreeze.

Also, air it out after cleaning.
>>
>>17295900
There is carpeting, but I'm fairly certain no spill, it was a deep container.
>>
>>17295829
Try covering the area with baking powder. Just a light covering, nothing dense
>>
>>17295943
Baking powder or soda?
>>
Drive around for a long time with the windows down. Febreeze will mask the smell but new air will remove it, as long as it's not in the carpet. You can febreeze after if there's still a hint of smell.
>>
Rent or buy an ozone machine and run it overnight
>>
>>17295829
Open the trunk and try to get some sun on it. If any of the upholstery was stained (or even if it wasn't), use pet stain remover, follow the instructions.
>>
Usually takes a crane to get it out.
>>
Febreze
>>
>>17296037
not the same poster, but i think they meant baking soda. that works to kill odors. also vacuum your car out (just in case) and leave the windows or doors open for a while during a time where you can keep an eye on your car. air freshener will help, but only after you've aired out your car and cleaned it. otherwise it will just add to the smell and make it overwhelming.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.