[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to stop self-sabotaging behaviour for good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_n32hy4Bs9b1rb06tgo1_500.gif (1022 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n32hy4Bs9b1rb06tgo1_500.gif
1022 KB, 500x386
How to stop self-sabotaging behaviour for good?
>>
Sabotage your self-sabotaging by not sabotaging.
>>
>>17295735
But seriously?
>>
File: GTOsharkface.jpg (42 KB, 721x270) Image search: [Google]
GTOsharkface.jpg
42 KB, 721x270
>>17295735
nice. i can do that.
>>
Get caring gf.
>>
>>17295725
I overcame my self sabotaging behaviour by having to work harder due to the obstacles I kept putting in my own path. So the things I achieved I ended up doing better than others. And if I have to do them again I make it look easy, cause it's easier without the obstacles.
I'm a better person now who my peers respect, all because I self sabotaged...

Hope that's of some insight, but it would be good to know how you self sabotage.
>>
>>17295807
Hm, tell me more about our views on self-sabotaging?
Do you mean you ditched instant gratification, felt pain, worked hard and feel amazing now?

I self-sabotage in procrastinating and not doing what i have to do, neglecting my immediate needs drives me to depressed state.
>>
>>17295813
First part.
Went against every bit of sales training I was given and still smashed targets. I ignored any ceiling limit they applied to the point where payroll thought someone made a mistake with my bonus+commission.
I rocked the boat a lot at work. I filed complaints to upper management about lower management, and then filed complaints to the owner about upper management. Called out superiors directly in front of clients when they were being dicks. Dragged the owner through a compo claim. Stole HEAPS of stuff and then quit without another job to go to. Basically didn't take shit from morons.
Then I changed direction and went back to study something new. Called out all my inept teachers. Posted a big rant on the institutes FB page about how they lacked knowledge to teach. Was within an inch of being expelled when I pointed out that I had made an official complaint that was ignored by them. Again, went against all their commercial training and adopted decades old methods instead of the modern ones they were teaching us. Dared myself to tackle assignments that involved things I've had a life long fear about. Smashed the assignment and got 100%.
>>
>>17296129
Second part.
Ended up with high praise for a really difficult subject matter I had to give a presentation on.. from a teacher who was pissed at me 2 hours before that for not attending most of his classes. Had a handful of final year assignments that I didn't submit and did them all in the two weeks prior to the semester ending.
Point blank to the head teacher refused to let them use my end of studies work for public presentation because I didn't trust them with showing it the way I intended. Got my diploma with a bunch of distinctions and credits and passes.
Have an awesome job now totally unrelated to my studies. Company I work for is great and if I tell them whatever task I'm doing is too difficult they trust me to come up with a more efficient solution and apply it as a standard procedure. So those jobs were people complain about too much red tape.. well I get to cut the red tape out of my job so it's as easy as I want it to be. If I'm ever stressed about work it ends up giving me an opportunity to make things better for myself.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.