[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daytime activities on self-improvement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
In between my graduation in July and a possible job opening in October, I will have 2 months where I am totally free to do whatever I want. Now, I want to spend those months travelling, but for now I'm looking for opportunities that I can take in activities to do at home. I want to use the summer to better myself.

Any ideas?
>>
>>17295680
Get 8 hours of sleep and wake up early in the morning.
>>
>>17295687
But what to do during the daytime?

For example, I already do pushups, meditation, finishing my thesis (my primary concern at the moment), but other than that, I need a primary activity that I can get very into other than gaming and watching series/movies like a lazy bastard.
>>
>>17295698
Go on walks?
>>
>>17295955
That's a good idea, but not really productive.

Maybe following an online course in basic skills such as Excel or something?
>>
Do some light reading.

Go for a hike on a nature trail.

Drive to an unfamiliar town, park at a library or shopping center, and walk around the main street and/or neighborhoods. I've done this a couple times and it's weirdly comfy.
>>
>>17296470
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely do this a couple of times.
>>
>>17295680
spend some money and join a course if you're actually interested in excel/programming/data science. if you don't commit, you're gonna while away the time asking questions like "what should i do? how should i do? omg time is running out, how do i not feel like a lazy faggot?" while consuming media and browsing on /adv/. if ou wanna travel, honestly just do it. hitchhike if you have to. if you tell people you were travelling and have the photos to prove it you can atleast spin i into a positive experience for a resume instead of "i re-watched breaking bad for the 3rd time like the fucktard i am"
>>
>>17295680
i recommend doing a microcourse in something on coursera or atleast audit a course by following along the syllabus using the interwebs if you cant afford it. remember 2 months seems like a lot of time but it's only 40 hours of productive time for 8 weeks. maybe less since you say you're lazy. that means a max of 2240 hours you have to actually DO something if you're at home. budget your time accordingly.
>>
>>17296437
>That's a good idea, but not really productive.
hahaha nothing is productive. you will die in your lifetime
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.