[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't like weed, or the idea of smoking weed, because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: book.jpg (10 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
10 KB, 254x198
I don't like weed, or the idea of smoking weed, because it seems to me that all too often, people use drugs to be an asshole, and I'm just not on with the idea of intentionally denying or distorting reality. It seems decadent to me.
I'm fine with having that opinion, but what's getting me down is that when my friends or people I know smoke weed, it really upsets me and I want them to know. But that's just going to annoy/upset them...

what do?
pic completely unrelated
>>
>>17295402
Get new friends that don't like to live deliciously. No one is going to give a shit that you disagree with their life choices.
>>
>>17295412
I don't know what you mean... could you expand on that or reword it please?
>>
>>17295414
Either keep your mouth shut, or get new friends who have similar values as you. No one wants to hang out with someone they feel is judging them or their choices.
>>
>>17295402
>TD:LR
>People are doing things that I don't like, how do I make them stop?

You can't OP, get new friends, because you sure as shit don't deserve the ones you have right now. You judgemental bitch.
>>
>>17295450
I don't want to make them stop, I want to not care what they do
>>
You realize alcohol is a drug too, for all intents and purposes? It is more addictive than weed, its withdrawal can be lethal (along with benzos and nothing else - even from heroin withdrawals you won't die), it is one of the biggest causes for/contributors to public disturbance, traffic accidents, domestic abuse and depression. Alcohol isn't even a "light" drug. The only reason people do not regard it as a drug is because it's been around since pretty much the dawn of mankind and is a part of society with all rituals included, whereas other drugs are not the norm.

So if you want to be preachy about disagreeing with someone's life choices, realize that technially you should focus on everyone who drinks as well. Perhaps that will make you see that it's a useless mission.
>>
>>17295485
I do feel the same about alcohol, I abstain from that too
>>
>>17295548
It's not about whether you personally use it or not, but that if you feel the need to tell everyone who occasionally does drugs that they're wrong for it, you're never going to be done with that job.
>>
>>17295550
That's what I'm asking! How do I learn to not care?
>>
>>17295555
This isn't something that anyone can instruct you to. It will take more life experience to realize both that everyone does destructive things, and how obnoxious it is to pass judgment over a life you haven't lived. There are no magic words for that, you'll just need to come around in time.
>>
>>17295555
Maybe by smoking a joint and chilling the fuck out.
>>
>>17295555
Don't worry, when life fucks you in the ass, suddenly worrying about how others ruin their lives becomes less of a concern.
>>
>>17295570
i've already been fucked in the ass
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.