[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My daughter recently broke up with a boy, and I have been annoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
My daughter recently broke up with a boy, and I have been annoying her lately because I still say hello to the kid and just shoot the breeze with him whenever I see him around town. It drives her crazy. I tried telling her that I understand that they broke up, but I can't treat the kid like shit just because they had a falling out. He wasn't beating her or cheated on her or anything. I think they just weren't compatible with each other. Any of you have experience with this? How did the family of your ex treat you after your breakup
>>
>>17295372
what the fuck are you doing on 4chan?
>>
Pretty normally. Actually her mom thought that we were the best fit, so they actually loved me more for a while that their daughter.
Don't be shit to people if they don't deserve it, and be a good example for your daughter to not being a moody bitch. Break up is a break up, not eternal spite and hostility.
>>
Your daughter is a teenage girl, you'd be doing something very wrong if you weren't driving her crazy in some way.

I've always maintained pretty friendly convos with the families of my exes, and I'm usually the one who torpedoes things.
>>
>>17295372
As long as you aren't getting Chris Hansen levels of friendly with the boy I'm sure it's fine. Your daughter is only being immature, kind of like how a kind may not eat a food they like on their plate if it's touching something else they don't like. It's pretty normal for their age.

Give it time, she will either throw a punishable tantrum and/or mature past it.
>>
>>17295372
Full disclosure: my oldest kid is 5, so not even close to dating yet.

What you did and said makes perfect sense to me. She needs to learn that people can't change their interrelationships based on her opinion of someone. I imagine that treating the boy differently because of the breakup would only enforce the stereotype of that girl who dictates what the less popular girls should mean.
>>
>Has kids
>Daughter is old enough to be dating (let's assume 14 at the absolute youngest)
>On 4chan
Why

But either talk to your daughter and let her know that because she's broken up with someone doesn't mean that she has to hate them. As long as you aren't buddy-buddy with him, there shouldn't be any problems.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.