[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/. This is my first post on this board. I used to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hairy elephant larva.jpg (133 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
hairy elephant larva.jpg
133 KB, 1600x1200
Hi /adv/. This is my first post on this board.
I used to have a really good friend, but due to him treating me very badly in social situations I cut contact with him.
However I did not cut contact with his GF because I liked her as a person.
Recently I broke up with my gf and shortly after they broke up too and she told me it's final.
Now I can't help but seeing my old friend's ex as a potential dating option due to the connection I have with her but at the same time feel as if I would be betraying him, even though we're not friends anymore.

What should I do?
>>
Anyone that can offer advice?
>>
One last bump since it seems there's no interest.
>>
No one can answer that for you. Do what you think is right.
>>
>>17295085
>>17295085
Thank you for the reply.
>>
Do he still have contact with her? Is he going to think it's a shitty thing of you to do? If so, is he going to confront you about it or try to blame his breakup on you? Is she even attracted to you?

A lot depends on the attitudes of the people involved, so all I can tell you is to consider how you making a move might be perceived and how the others will feel about it. At the very least, you may want to cool down and wait a while.
>>
>>17295110
>Do he still have contact with her?
Afaik they no longer have contact with each other but do see each other occasionally due to circumstances such as mutual friend circle.
>Is he going to think it's a shitty thing of you to do?
Honestly idc about his opinion due to his actions.
There is no way to blame the break-up on me since at the time they were together I supported their relationship.
I don't know if she's attracted to me, never thought of her that way until now.

While I disregard gossip and people who gossip, I wouldn't want her to suffer any social consequences.
Basically I don't know if it's ok to have anything going on with a girl who used to be the GF of someone who used to be a friend.
>>
>>17295128
Waiting seems like a good option. Let the whole thing die down a bit and the "ex-gf of your ex-friend" stigma will disappear.

As for social repercussions on her end, I'm sure she'll consider that when/if you make your move and will do what she's most comfortable with, so you don't need to worry about that.

As for whether it's ok, he doesn't have any claim to her now, so morally, there's nothing wrong. Of course, others may think differently, but that's why it really comes down to you.
>>
>>17295162
I will take what you said into consideration and wait and see how things turn out.
Thank you.
>>
>>17295052
Go for her if she is into you. You cut contact with him for a reason and she is not property.

Good luck.
>>
>>17295171
Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>17295052
ur a horny cuck for even considering your friends ex, stupid dog
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.