[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stick to my guns or back out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I'm a relatively new business owner and have been struggling to get new customers into my shop. Another local business owner and I were talking and he offered a chance to get more traffic in my store: when people spend a minimum of $5 at his pizza shop, they can bring in their receipt for a free drink.

I thought at first that this was a great idea. People come in and get a free drink, try our product, and we can get them to come back.

What actually ended up happening is a lot of our regulars started taking advantage of the offer (there aren't a lot of places to eat around us and so they get two slices of pizza and then come to my place and get an expensive drink on us). We have been getting new customers but they also seem to be going to the pizza shop, saving their receipts and redeeming them for our more expensive items.

Do I continue to honor the deal or back out? We paid for an ad in the local rag, it's printed on the receipts from the pizza shop, and they specifically say that they don't expire. If I stop the deal, can I get sued since I advertised it as a permanent thing?
>>
>>17294562
Firstly, no, you can't be sued.

Secondly, why don't understand this if you own a business? You have not done due diligence. You don't know extremely basic things that I know and I have no desire to own or manage a business.

Third: Get out of owning a business. The fact that you are asking this here and don't know more about what you are doing shows that your business has a 100% chance to fail.

The fact that you didn't see this situation coming doesn't speak well for your inherent business intelligence/acumen, by the way.
>>
>>17294574
r00dypoo
>>
>>17294574
"If you fail once you're not meant to be an entrepreneur"

Shut the fuck up you faggot.

OP, change it to a free drink and then give them a small glass/cup. Give them 5oz or something.
>>
>>17294574
Basically all of this. What did you expect would happen? People are greedy, that's just human nature. If they can get free shit on a technicality, they will.

You're like that guy who signed a contract with a screen printing business exchanging something like 12 shirts for his staff for free pizza for a year
>>
>>17294617
>if you can't see a bad deal a mile away
>if you don't understand legal basics about owning a business
>if your first stop is the FUCKING ADVICE BOARD ON 4CHAN FOR YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT RUNNING A BUSINESS

MAYBE YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO BE ONE.
>>
>>17294562
1. Post a notice in your window: "We will not be honoring Bill's Pizza coupons after {date one month from now}"
2. Tell Bill to stop issuing the coupons. If need be, pay for fresh register rolls to replace the ones with the coupon on them. (Whatever it costs will be a bargain)
>>
>>17294562
Well usually people who do coupons put a dollar limit on the drinks like smart businessmen.
>>
>>17295178
This. Simple, practical solution
>>
You should have the reverse as well. Your friend gets paid, you give out free food. He should at least do the same for you. If he refuses, stop honoring the coupons.
>>
>>17294562
why wasn't it obvious to you that this doesn't help you nearly as much as it does the pizza shop? I'm 18 and not very bright but I understood it as soon as I read it.
>>
>>17295178
Unless legally required, don't pay for the register rolls. The pizza guy played you. He gets nothing but benefit and you get nothing. Should have offered either a limited selection, buy one get one, or some other way money is spent in your store.

If he flips his shit and threatens to lawyer up (lol), close down and change your store's name. Or let him take you to People's Court.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.