[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So an idiot I went to high school with posted a video of himself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1329591112299.jpg (49 KB, 259x236) Image search: [Google]
1329591112299.jpg
49 KB, 259x236
So an idiot I went to high school with posted a video of himself drinking while driving today. Am I obligated to report him to the police or something? Drunk driving really pisses me off, but I don't know what to do about it.
>>
>>17293727
>Am I obligated to report him to the police or something?

Yes. Dangerous behavior combined with showboating is the attitude that ends lives. It will be someone elses', not his, it always is.
>>
>>17293732
This. Just forward the video anonymously to the PD if you can. Call crimestoppers and give them the link if need be.
>>
>>17293732
Well, how do I do that? If I report it to Facebook will they take care of it?
>>
Snitches get stitches. Better than getting run over, report his ass.
>>
>>17293745
All Facebook does is take the video down, or tell the person to take it down. Download the video and report it to the police in real life
>>
>>17293745
most PDs monitor their facebook religiously because it makes it easy for people to report things. It won't be anonymous, but it really doesn't matter at all. You couldn't be asked to testify etc you will have zero involvement and your name will never be recorded more than likely.
>>
>>17293745
>>17293767
don't report TO facebook report ON facebook.

You don't want the video to disappear.

And yes, it is your moral obligation. Do it for my 5 dead friends who died to drunk driving. Thanks.
>>
>>17293767
>>17293772
Oh, just send a message to the local PD's Facebook page? I live in a very small town and worry if I did report something it would come back to bite me. But, I know it's the right thing to do.
>>
Please report him. People might call you an asshole or tell you to mind your own business, but that's nothing compared to hire you will feel if he kills someone with this behavior when you could have done something to prevent it.
>>
>>17293780
>I live in a very small town and worry if I did report something it would come back to bite me.

bro the police aren't going to snitch on you. lol. at most you might get a message back asking if you've personally witnessed this activity to which you reply "no".
>>
>>17293772
What's the story?
>>
OP here. Called the local PD and the fire chief answered; all officers are busy. I left my name and number and he said an officer will call when one is available. Guess we'll see what happens.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.