[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to break up with long distance Internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2458x1968) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2458x1968
What's the best way to break up with long distance Internet bf who threatens suicide, sends dozens of begging emails, makes grand declarations of lifetime love, etc?

There is really truly legitimately nothing wrong with him except a) I am crazy enough that I think I want to marry someone who doesn't act like me/him and b) I need space in my life right now, not a relationship and c) I want to spontaneously fall in love in person. So I don't want to be cruel to him.

I've tried to break up with him and block him several times and I keep pussying out. I need HIM to want to go away. How do I make him go away?
>>
I AM IN DIS EXACT SITUATION GUUURL I FEEL U
except i just blocked him, 2 days ago and i know feel kinda shitty but free
>>
You don't, break up with him.

If he dies, he dies. But he won't I promise. Also this is plastered all over /adv/ make use of it.

+1 (800) 273-8255 It's a suicide prevention hotline, message him, tell him it's over and why, and send him this number. Then you can wash your hands of the situation.
>>
>>17293609
>>17293615

Stop engaging in online relationships
>>
>>17293621
why
>>
I'm in the same situation with my girlfriend (not long distance) for about 5 months. I broke up with her and she attempted suicide so I'm pretending to date her. We are going to Washington with her family next week for 10 days.
>>
>>17293626

Because it's not real.
>>
>>17293621
I'm going to stop. This taught me my lesson. Never again. Neeeeever again

>>17293619
You're right.

It's really difficult because he's like "if you need space we can just not talk". But I know he's not actually happy with that and constant awareness that "I have someone waiting for me to be willing to talk to them again" is not actually "having space"
>>
>>17293609
Internet bf?? make a new fake profile, and watch how fast he will turn on you with the new internet gf

at minimum, he will start to leave you alone. stretch out the contacts longer with the new one, to give you some free time
>>
>>17293640

That's terrible advice.
>>
>>17293640
Fucking brilliant, thank you. I will try this if all else fails
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1024x1148) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1024x1148
>>17293649
Shit.

Why?

It will be difficult to figure out a way to "meet" him and I've never made a fake prof before, but...
>>
>>17293650

So let me get this straight OP, you're too much of a whimp to just block him, but you're perfectly okay with making a fake profile?

Fuck you, seriously.
>>
File: 1373268218634.jpg (23 KB, 223x283) Image search: [Google]
1373268218634.jpg
23 KB, 223x283
>>17293609

>What's the best way to break up with long distance Internet bf who threatens suicide, sends dozens of begging emails, makes grand declarations of lifetime love, etc?

Turn your computer off.

You don't need to break up with him because there's no such thing as an internet boyfriend. Its a childish illusion that deserves no sincere thought or consideration.

Also, suicide is not a tool that people get to use to hold other people ransom. Its sickening.

If he threatens suicide, call the police in his area and tell them that you know of someone who is threatening suicide so they can intervene and have him committed.
>>
>>17293654

Because you just stated that you didn't want to be cruel. Making a fake profile is like pissing your pants, it's a temporary solution. Just block the guy, these people usually find a new one to latch themselves onto within a week.

He's not going to kill himself and the only reason as to why he's threatening to do so, is because he knows it'll make you stay in touch. THAT fact in itself should make you block the guy.
>>
>>17293649
Us chicks stick together
>>
>>17293654
>>17293650
>>17293609

You're a terrible person.
>>
>>17293670

EDIT: When I was 16, I was in my first and last online relationship with a girl. She also threatened to kill herself constantly.

I deleted her from all channels. I'm 24 now and judging by her LinkedIn profile she's still breathing.
>>
>>17293668
I've been walking away from my computer more and more often, I'm trying to break my internet addiction. When I was writing OP I almost didn't post because the obvious answer seems to be to ignore him/not have time for him until he loses interest

>>17293670
Yeah it's a shit solution, I regret considering it. My initial thought was "he'll realize his "true love" shit about me is just bullshit" but then I realized that's a fallacy because uh.... he'd be "cheating" on me with me. Meaning, he'd be attracted to me when he's attracted to "the new girl"

Ugh I have a fucking headache, I'm not making much sense.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.