[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i saw this guy on /soc/ and found him attractive an told him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 445390_1352563293009_500_278.jpg (17 KB, 499x278) Image search: [Google]
445390_1352563293009_500_278.jpg
17 KB, 499x278
i saw this guy on /soc/ and found him attractive an told him i liked him (i am female). He liked me too so we proceeded to exchange skypes and we spoke with text off and on. I liked him quite a bit and we had similar humor. I found out he had slight autism but i didn't care.
He asked me to be his gf and i said yea and we thus began a long dist relationship. He proceeded to become v obsessed with me which i loved at the time.
Eventually we video and called and talked properly and he kept on saying stuff like "we will be together forever and get married and if we don't i'll be a depressed robot and kill myself".
Him saying this scared me and put me off a lot.
He then confessed to me that all he ever did since we exchanged skypes was think of me, jack off to the thought of me and that if we broke up he'd kill himself and that he's reversed searched image of me and had found my social media and had been stalking me on it (including me persanol tumblr which made me uncomfortable).
He also told me he had weird sexual fetishes (which idgaf much about but just added to the whole scenario)

I proceeded to basically block him and end our relationship.
He's probs depressed and i feel so bad! I also often think of him. but i know if i'd stayed with him any longer it'd just get worse and harder to break off.

WHAT DO?
>>
>met a guy off /soc/
>expected him to be normal

You did the right thing by ending it, you're not responsible for his emotions.
>>
>>17293378
Cut off all contact. Tell him you are doing this extremely tersely ("This is unhealthy for both of us and I am ending all contact. Do not expect to ever hear from me again").

Then do not ever contact him again. Ever. In any way. EVER.

He isn't going to kill himself. What might seem and pathetic and scary in a threat like this is actually a twisted way of dominating another person with fear. It's something that sick people do.

Don't ever waste your time on sick people. You cannot fix them.
>>
Let me take his place
>>
Can someone please explain to me how the fuck so many people can be in a relationship when they have never met each other?

I honestly don't understand.
>>
>>17293401
Because in this day and age, you can talk to people from the other side of the world in real time. Social interaction with other people forms relationships to varying degrees, including intimate relationships in the sense that the people share a strong bond.

You'd have to be retarded as fuck to not realise this
>>
>>17293401
Humans are desperate to feel needed, loved, and held as important.

Many of us grow up socially twisted and outcast by society these days. We find each other.
>>
>>17293378
>I found out he had slight autism but i didn't care
and you expected this to turn out just fine?
>>
>>17293378
You sure got a high tolerance for stupid bullshit.
>>
>>17293404

I understand that. But I on the other hand find it retarded that people engage in 'online' relationships with people they are yet to meet.

Ya'll need Tinder.
>>
>>17293405

I see. To me it sounds incredibly unhealthy..
>>
>>17293415
I agree that it's a bad idea and I have never done it myself, but you can't always control your feelings. People start chatting online intending only to be friends because of the distance, and end up developing feelings.

Tinder isn't going to solve anything though. Like >>17293405 said, lots of people have trouble interacting in person, but find it much easier online. And have you not seen the millions of threads where guys are all "I matched with this girl on Tinder but I don't know what to say"? Plus there's the problem that most people on Tinder are only looking for hookups or attention, not a relationship.
>>
OP here
i'd just like to add, he did not say these things in an intimidating horrible way.
He was sweet and told me i was really pretty n shit...which is why i feel shitty. Like,his sister and mom knew about me.
he said i was the only reason he got his shit together and graduated
>>
>>17293391
This. Also, people who threaten to kill themselves at the end of a relationship are poison. Block this guy forever.
>>
OP
how do i stop feeling like shit?
>>
>>17293504
you need to meet someone else and forget about him
>>
>>17293504

Stop letting someone you met online control your emotions and behavior, jesus fucking christ OP. The people that threatens to kill themselves are usually the ones that never does it.

Cut that fucker off and move on.
>>
>>17293504
The feelings you are experiencing are not your own. Your consciousness is simulating his emotions. This is called empathy. This is normal. But you must acknowledge that this is not your pain you are experiencing. Nor are you to blame for the existence of this pain. Breathe in, breathe out, and let go.
>>
What was he like, OP? I met a guy like this about two years, maybe three or a little less, ago and it was basically the same exact shit. I blocked him and deleted the skype account but not before receiving over 600 messages and requests from like 10 different alt accounts.

He lived with his parents and said when they die he will just kill himself. Said he had nothing to live for without me. Then I ran into his ass a few months ago.

Do not engage, I repeat, do not engage someone who acts this way. Do not feel bad. He is the one manipulating you.
>>
>met autist on soc and started dating them
>didn't expect some crazy bullshit
>>
>>17293442
They are poison, but you should understand that the fella might have been serious.

I tried to OD when my fiance broke up with me. Key word tried.
>>
>>17293378
>/soc/
>slight autism
>any sort of autism
>LDR
>obsession
You missed all the red flags
>>
>>17293831
The clearest thought I've here seen in a while.
Hats off anon
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.