[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to move to another country to avoid my student loans and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: airplane-890x395.jpg (53 KB, 890x395) Image search: [Google]
airplane-890x395.jpg
53 KB, 890x395
I want to move to another country to avoid my student loans and credit card debt. I have been planning on moving anyways so now seems like the time to do it instead of after paying that shit back. Does anyone have information about the ins and outs of how this works? Which countries are best to go to?
>>
Are you planning to never visit your friends and family or something?
>>
>>17293269
CC debt will drop off your report in 7 years, as long as you never answer when a collection agency calls, so go all cash until then - make it worth it, not for just a few grand. IDK about the student loan thing though
>>
>>17293272
Most of my friends are online anyways. There are a few I would miss as well as family but oh well. I'd imagine after some time I could pay for my mom to come visit me but other than that I can survive moving away from them.
>>
>>17293289
What if your mother or a friend or other relative dies and you need to return for the funeral?
>>
>>17293289
>>17293299
Or weddings, for that matter.
>>
>>17293269
You are dumb as fuck they would find you. Easily too.
>>
unless you're rich, live in the EU (and want to go to another EU state), or are jewish and want to go to Israel its pretty much impossible to just pick up and move to another country legally
>>
>>17293307
So what if they find me? I'm looking at moving to another country where they don't have legal authority to collect on the debt

>>17293299
>>17293302
I'm autistic as fuck so I don't care
>>
>>17293269
If you're planning on relocating permanently, and don't mind learning a new language, a latin american country might be right up your alley. Assuming you're American, you could be paid in cash weekly (to avoid traceability) and teach English. Living expenses are pretty low in most of these areas as well, and since they want to encourage tourism, there's no visa until 90 days later in some of them, like Ecuador and Peru (iirc).

If you go low profile and don't make a big deal out of it, no one will care. Your student loans will never go away, but they'll probably have more difficulty tracking you down than they're worth. They still have legal authority to try to track you down and demand payment, but they can't put you in jail for any debt but child support. If you go all cash, it'll be impossible for them to track your income.

If you need any more info, reply to me with a throwaway email and I'll give you my skype so I can give you more detailed advice.
>>
>>17293392
If they can find you, why bother moving to another country? Man up and pay your debts or declare bankruptcy, you freeloader.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.