[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a wonderful girlfriend i am happy. But i still think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: star-gazing.jpg (91 KB, 575x384) Image search: [Google]
star-gazing.jpg
91 KB, 575x384
I have a wonderful girlfriend i am happy.
But i still think of a girl i met years ago.

My relationship with her was quick (she moved to live in other country ) but i just can not forget her and i often dream about her. (like this day)

I need to forget her but i can't.

Does anyone from you guys felt this way?

Any

I know that
>>
>>17293129
Maybe she made a huge impression on you and it just takes longer than normal to get over it, which is totally normal. Just stick with your current gf and regret nothing, if you would really call it an ambition to chase the other hoe than it would most certainly just drive you against a wall.
>>
>>17293168
no i dont want to chance her .I know i lost her for ever. I know what kind of person she is (no a bad one) But i could see though her and i realized that i am not the one she needed.

And still i dream about her.
>>
>>17293228
I understand how you feel and i think i've felt like this a very long time ago. What actually ended me thinking about her was that i took a different view on her, i simply wasn't impressed by her person as a character anymore. My friends stood behind me and everyone just knows her as bitch even today.

It is maybe not an easy thing but deal with the flaws and rejections she had shown you and forget about it. Try to find room to improve your current lovelife.
>>
>>
>>17293331
good god thats fucking depressing. not for the sense that it is but in the sense that the woman/man you spend your life with is second fiddle forever. an afterthought, settling.

thats fucked up
>>
>>17293341
I'm the guy who posted that picture, not OP.

I've already come to accept that I'll never meet someone who measures up to her, and all the women I meet in the future will be sitting in her shadow.

But I'll do my best to create a bright light so she never notices she's in her shadow. Maybe someday I won't notice either.
>>
>>17293271
Thanks m8
The thing is she was smart cute a little bit shy girl.

That kind you want to protect but the same time whit an opinion of her own and disobedient.

she made my blood boils every time
>>
>>17293359
for fucks sake its just people. theyre 7 billion of them and youre gonna let one dictate a feeling for the rest of your life and lie to another for the rest of theirs? i understand its an indescribable feeling of the "one that got away" and it hurts for a long time. but how do you form another relationship based on a complete lie, to yourself even? this is why people have midlife crises and get medicated for shit that they feel is wrong with them but "dont know why".

i had the one that got away too. it hurt like a son of a bitch. and it saddens me to this day that ill never even talk to her again. but i realized that if she felt as strong as i did, she would have worked as hard as i did to be together. the fact that it did not happen shows me that she meant more to me than i did to her. i would have been playing second fiddle to her. i realized it would have been toxic and unhealthy as fuck for me to have stayed with her.

it sucks but in the long run the one that got away is supposed to go away, for a reason.
>>
>>17293388
you are 100% right but , dreams are dreams and it happens to think about that - what would the life be if she had stayed and she was just a little different.

Dreams about the impossible - pleasant impossible.

Do you know about what i mean?
>>
>>17293388
>the one that got away is supposed to go away, for a reason
Yes, like cancer
>>
>>17293431
no. i dont.
not that i dont value your input bud but its hard for me to dream about "what ifs" if i believe my future decisions are sub par with my former choices.

i dont dream about staying in college cause ive discovered i love getting dirty and working my ass off for every penny. i dont dream about staying home verses joining the military cause it made me a better person. i dont dream of my one that got away because the woman i married is better than the one that got away in all aspects.

it would make me physically ill to live down a certain path and dream of "what could have been" rather than believe that i am better for sticking to my guns. dreaming about the pleasant impossible would probably lead to depression cause it could never match up to what i can produce.

i understand im probably reading into this much and this is just a thread about past flings, everyones got 2 cents and im just puttin it on the table.
>>
>>17293534
...uhh forgive me, im not following.
>>
>>17293572
You don't know what cancer is? You've never heard of the disease? You understand that some people, even young people, get cancer, right?

For reference, I am
>>17293331
>>17293359
>>17293534

Make sense now?
>>
>>17293542
I understand you dude.

This topic is about the lost love, the one who is never coming back.

I know that you must stick with what you are and your choices.

Don't get me wrong

i dont regret anything.

But sometime dreams are coming and i feel a little bit nostalgic.

I know what i have to know.

I know that everybody must stay strong and maybe because i am drunk i want to talk about her.

I will never forget her probably - she was to perfect (for me)
>>
>>17293584
fuck me you mean the literal. aight i see where youre coming from. but that is no reason to hold that over your next significant others head, and dont take me for being discourteous, but holding it over this subject.

much like the cancer that killed her, this will slowly kill you if you dont cut it out. and i still stand by my statement that they are supposed to go away for a reason. in this reason it was meant to teach you a painful lesson about loss. now you dont let it dwell, you learn, grow, and become a better person, for that next person.
>>
You simply didn't date the first girl long enough to see her become a bitch.

Now imagine her with the cum of Chad Thundercock on her lips and ask yourself if you'd still kiss her.
>>
>>17293629
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.