[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I moved 8 hours away from home with my fiance(we moved because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1465945351490.jpg (51 KB, 568x562) Image search: [Google]
1465945351490.jpg
51 KB, 568x562
I moved 8 hours away from home with my fiance(we moved because she got a job over there). It's been over a year and I(we) still haven't made friends here. I was so use to making friends at my job or through other people i knew but I can't seem to make any here. Part of the problem is I'm pretty introvert and I have no idea where to meet people.

what do?
>>
>>17293103
Spend time with your wife but perhaps try making friends on your own aswell on your free time. Do some activities alone while she is chasing different hobbies.
If everything else fails try taking part in local social events and volunteer.
>>
>>17293123
problem is she works nights and I work days. we spend most of our free time together but when our free time isn't coinciding then most of the time I'm alone at home or trying not to wake her up.

Not sure where(or even how) to go to make friends. The only places I've been that i think i could find people with similar interest is a couple comic book stores, barnes and noble, the local library, and some gamestops. No luck.

Not sure how i feel about volunteering because I work a 40+ hour/week job and i rather spend free time with her, working out, or with some friends(if I had any).
>>
>>17293201
You sound so like me.
When i got married i lost all my friends, most actually and i lost some of my social skills.
If you want to make friends you are very unlikely to do so by going to gamestops or anything like that. With volunteering i mean for example be a security guy at a village event or provide some help at your local concert. Find a hobby, like rc cars with actual fuel, chances are that you likely meet someonewith the same interest on a sunday at a parking lot.
Make electronics or diy builds your hobby and visit the local makershack, incredible place if you are into it.
Go to the gym on a regular basis and you will likely get to know some nice people there.
Get a hobby like bow hunting, or firearm shooting or whatever. There are tons of groups of people. This is always the best wax to get to know people.
Once you have a healthy friend you are likely to be in his circle of friends and meet even more people.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.