[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you obtain emotional support when neither your family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 0
How do you obtain emotional support when neither your family nor your friends have resources for you?
>>
I use random threads on 4chan. Sometimes people respond, being heard helps.
>>
Post your story op.

That's literally what /adv/ is for
>>
I don't confide in others, I just internalize and analyze the shit out of everything.
>>
>>17292811
I'm trying to get into school and get a sex change and deal with my stressful family (mom hoards work and then complains about it being undone, sister is a NEET who Does Not Do Anything).

I can't focus on finding a proper career not to speak of focusing on school because I am so exhausted by dealing with my family and the trans clinic. I can't get myself to move out of home because I don't have a proper future set up, and I can't get myself to arrange things because I am too stressed and anxious because of my family and the trans clinic

And I am not allowed to transition because I am under too much stress.
>>
>>17292826
Get a job or student loans. Once you have money, you can move out. When you move out you're rid of your family. Once you're rid of your family you're free of the stress and can transition. It won't be easy but you can manage it if it's what you want.
>>
>>17292846
I have a job. To get to the job, I need a car. I am too stressed to figure out how to buy a car.

I understand how retarded and counterproductive that sounds and that's because it is, but I seriously am at the brim with stress, and one wrong step to rock the boat could ruin my entire fucking life.

I have a limited amount of things I am capable of doing at once. I need to go to work and I need to transition. I cannot risk stretching out to a third thing that is not an absolute priority to survival and have a complete mental collapse.
>>
>>17292879
>I am too stressed to figure out how to buy a car.

That's just an excuse. If you really want this you have to do shit that stresses you out. No one's going to hold your hand or do it for you. Your situation will continue to be as it is or get worse until you take action. Even if it's difficult and stressful and inconvenient. You have the potential to dig yourself out of this hole but you gotta do it, you can't just complain about it and make excuses.

You're not going to ruin your entire life either, cut down on the drama. There's people who have fucked their lives up beyond recognition financially and emotionally in their 20s who bounce back. But you gotta put work into it and you can't make excuses. If everyone did that society would grind to a halt, you are not some special exception who can sit at home and do nothing about your life, but still be entitled to rewards. You can accomplish what you listed if you want to. You're not going to transition until you're in a better place so that's obviously on hold given your family, and it's not something you "need" for survival. Take care of the stress, living arrangmenets and money, once you're less stressed, transitioning will be open. You'll get there, but being an adult is about making sacrifices, every single adult makes sacrifices. Right now that might mean sacrificing transitioning NOW, think of the work you're doing now as action to enable your transition, like in a game.

Not trying to sound like a douchebag, I am truly wishing you the best and think you can accomplish it. But being stressed and doing nothing will just keep you at a standstill.
>>
>>17292915
You do not understand how important and stressful the transitioning process is. Getting TO the process, that is.

I am terrified of psychologists, doctors, making appointments and not having a say to my own life. A single wrong word could make them decide that I am unfit. Several human rights organisations have complained that the process is draconic and absurd, and that you should not get to bully people into insanity before deciding they can't be helped because they're crazy.

The last time I went, the trans clinic agreed that I could consider being allowed into treatments if I had a support network back home, so they sent a letter to a local mental office to ask for a psychologist for me, and send a letter back to the trans clinic so we can continue.

It took months.

Now, I have seen the psychologist once and been put into some bullshit group therapy. I have waited for a new letter from the trans clinic for months. I become impatient (bad sign, you're not supposed to seem desperate) and called the clinic.

THEY NEVER RECEIVED ANY LETTER.

I have been waiting months in good faith that I am finally looked after and that these people are on my side. I am not allowed to appear dismayed at the realisation that I was misled.

I am supposed to put all my faith in a system that I cannot trust. My life depends on it.

I also can't stress enough how deeply I need to get into treatments. I would literally murder somebody with my bare handa to get to it. Or not murder, but kill, anyway. I'd probably strangle an innocent animal over it.

10% of my stress is over the gender identity issue. 80% is the trans clinic bureaucracy.

If I fail this, I will kill myself. I can't. Afford. To. Fail. This.
>>
>>17292979
How does your life depends on you transitioning? Does someone have a gun to your head?

Your neuroticism is probably why the clinic won't let you go ahead.

Even if you do transition, you won't get away from yourself. You'll still have your problems.

You'll just be wearing a new skin suit
>>
>>17292979
That sucks, to be honest I have completely different problems for you and I have no trust in psychologists or psychiatrists whatsoever. Mental healthcare can be ridiculous. It sucks that you have to deal with them.

If I'm to be brutally honest for a sec. You're saying you'd kill someone to transition, idgaf what your problem is, that's terrible. It means you're not exactly mentally stable, which is required for transition. They need mental stability, you have to follow their rules, even play the system if you have to. They're not about to bend their laws for you right now. Your priority should be to fix your mental stability before you go to the clinic. I've had identity issues (raised in a country where I didn't have citizenship) so although it's not the same thing I know what it's like to desperately want something you can't have that's crucial to your identity. Being treated like you're not "one of them" when it's how you feel, and being surrounded by people who had it handed to them at birth. When you know you could belong 100% if they just signed some paper, but they're denying it. It sucks. But you can have this, you will have this eventually if you want it enough. It's not insurmountable. Have you seen the transgender communities on reddit? They seem stable and could help you, offer better tips than the people on here probably. They've been through it, and from what I've seen they're pretty active and helpful. I sympathize with your situation a lot, it sounds awful, but from what you write you do not seem stable.

You have to be proactive though, not dwelling on what your current issues are. Get a job, fix mental instability, put in hard work. Small changes every day can turn into something big.
>>
>its another tranny thread.

All my life all I ever wanted was to have the nu male race destroyed and live in a world were I where I would not worry about mental illness
>>
>>17293003
Transitioning is vital. You really think every single mtf who goes out in a dress isn't aware there's a chance some cunt is going to literally murder her for it?

Getting to be your own gender is much more vital than you can fathom. Nobody has ever tried to take it from you.

Besides, the biggest source of stress in my life is the trans clinic itself. I don't mind going to work or paying bills or doing normal people things. All I want is to not have to fight this massive thousand-head hydra ever again.

>>17293006
I HAVE a job. I just drive mom's car to get there.

I could deal with my mental instability if it weren't for the trans issue. Refusing to fix a massive issue over a minor issue is just so unspeakably retarded that I want to scream.

I have done all that I can to improve my situation. Unfortunately, with the sheer strength of the forces working against me, that leaves me running in spot.
>>
>>17293031
You come across as really unstable and neurotic. There are plenty of people who want something more than anything who don't respond the way that you are. Your mental instability is not a minor issue, you're saying you should murder someone. And you're disregarding other people's experiences like this is the absolute worst thing in the world and that no one understands. Control yourself.
>>
>>17293003
They can either let me transition now and kill myself later, or WASTE A SHIT TON OF TAXPAYER MONEY on toying with me, let me transition, and kill myself later.

I do not want to be helped with the anxiety. They can't make me fix a problem I don't want fixed.
>>
>>17293050
Ok..? So you don't want your anxiety fixed, but you need your anxiety and neuroticism fixed to be able to transition. You're choosing not to comply with the requirements of your transition. That's on you, don't whine about it. Stop expecting the world to cater to you and be an adult. Do what you have to do. You're behaving like a child.
>>
>>17293050
You are currently exhibiting very good reasons for them not to okay you. If they do approve I can only imagine what will appear in your head next to fill this void you seem to have.
>>
>>17293057
I'm not going to waste ten years of my life fixing anxiety caused by being forced to waste ten years of my life.
>>
>>17293060
Why should they help you when you don't want to help yourself?
>>
>>17293060
Then that's your choice. You're making the choice not to transition. Grow up and stop blaming your problems on other people. Shit happens, to everyone in this world. You are not unique. Everyone has their issues. If you want something, if you are truly experiencing THE WORST THING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE THAT NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND, you'd suck it the fuck up and deal with your anxiety. That's realistic, that's what adults do.
>>
>>17293078
How would you feel if you were refused medical attention because you have an ugly haircut?

>>17293082
I never said that my problems are TEH WORST EVER. I am saying y'all fail to grasp how important it is.

Refusing to remove the primary source of anxiety from my life because I have too much anxiety in my life is like deciding someone is too sick to endure radiation so it's better to let them die of cancer instead.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.