[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sD_pSNuW6KA.jpg (207 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
sD_pSNuW6KA.jpg
207 KB, 1080x1350
Looking to get a laptop for work/gaming. Want something legit around 1200-1500. What's the best place/brand to order?
>>
>>17292668

u should work to get girl like pic related
>>
>gaming laptop

I came from /v/ to rage at you. Enjoy your wasted money
>>
>>17292675
What's wrong with a gaming laptop?
>>
>>17292690
it provides less performance for the same cost as a desktop PC would.

A gaming laptop is useful in two situations:
1. You already have a good desktop and you are spending a lot of time traveling and you want to game on the go.
2. You don't live in the same place for longer periods of time then 2 weeks - like being in college but returning every weekend home, because it's not far.

Otherwise, a desktop will be always better.
>>
>>17292695
>>17292690
Also laptops are difficult to upgrade
>>
>>17292695
I agree. I'll just be traveling a lot for work
>>
>>17292695
You forgot that you're also severely limited by battery life with a gaming laptop, since gaming takes a lot more resources than a word processing program or internet browser do.
>>
Falcon computers are pretty rad. They specialize in gaming computers and laptops with custom paint jobs
>>
>>17293290
Well then get a good laptop, maybe with external GPU support. That might solve your trouble. Look into it.

Also, this is a question for /g/ or /sqt/
>>
>>17294235
doesn't need external gpu support.

Gaming laptops are fine for your purpose OP. Don't listen to people arguing over price efficiency or whatever, they're children who don't understand that the fucking desktop is valueless BECAUSE YOU'RE TRAVELING.

You cannot get a good gaming computer for 1200. What you get is something that is outdated more quickly, You need to jump up to the 1500 level to keep it able to play games for 3-4 years.

Wait until new laptops come out in a few months that have nvidia 10x0m cards in them. like 1070m or something

otherwise buy based on best warranty and support. little else matters other than having a keyboard style of your choosing.
>>
>>17294246
I know he's travelling, but shit, I don't see travel as hiking 24/7 in his case.
Your other points are correct. Still, I use my 6year old laptop for playing SC:CT.
>>
>>17294264
have you ever flown on a fucking airplane?

tell me you want to take a desktop monitor, full sized keyboard, desktop pc, and peripherals on a plane. over and over. please tell me you'd do that.

>get checked for a bomb every single time because you're bringing a desktop pc
SMART
>>
>this thread

We /g/ay now!
>>
Most of the good high end gaming laptops are based on Clevo chassis. I would suggest you look into these as they offer the ability to upgrade the discrete graphics and CPU. You can get full desktop performance in a laptop, and heat dissipation is considerably better for these than in brands like Dell/Alienware which have absolutely terrible design.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.