[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 months until I'm homeless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
So I moved from Hawaii to Georgia because of reasons. I cannot get a job to save my life. I have been applying. Thing is most places advertised online are for jobs that require experience which I lack. I have until October to move out. No family can help.

I have HS diploma no college experience. I know once I get some dough I can get a cell phone and a car then be a lyft/uber driver to afford a place to live in this state. Even have a future roommate to split rent with. So it's looking up but I cannot get my foot in the door anywhere.

Currently no money, no License(will have soon), and no car. Any advice or tips? I'm not used to this GA lifestyle I miss my island life. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>17292162
Apply everywhere.Want Ads are wishlists, descriptions of the ideal candidate. But if that exact person doesn't come along, they#ll choose from whoever does.

If you are at all like what they might settle for, apply. Cover your weak points if you can ("Though I have not worked in the field I got As in all the relevant university courses, and can very quickly learn your company way of doing things") Or just ignore the gaps. Present yourself as if who you are is exactly what they're looking for.
>>
>>17292210
Thanks. I've been applying. I'll follow your advice. I know how to do interviews. Normally I can walk up to a help wanted sign and be hired in the same day. Just no luck here.
>>
>>17292162
Usually there are temp agencies that you can work for. factory work for ass pay and brutal hours, but it kept my boat afloat during crisis before.
>>
>>17292290
Thanks. I'll look into that. Just heard of a career center.
>>
I feel you I live in GA and there isn't shit job wise. I love GA as a state but the people can be shitty sometimes. Too many niggers.
>>
>>17292323
I am a very social person. Coming to GA I prefer to not associate with many people here. Black or white or what ever I don't care as long as you are a decent human being.

I'm glad you said something so I don't sound like a slacker.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.