[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do the cynicals of the world date or have relationships?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: georgey1.jpg (39 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
georgey1.jpg
39 KB, 850x400
How do the cynicals of the world date or have relationships?
>>
>>17292022

by dating or engaging in a relationship. im not sure what you're even asking here. cynics date all the fucking time how would it stop them?

everyone calls me cynical and pessimistic and i date fine
>>
>>17292022
I was considering making a thread asking how to get rid of my bitterness, but this thread seems to work fine; dub confirm this is the thread to lurk.
>>
>cynicals
>date

Hahaha that's funny.
>>
>>17292022
Many of them don't. Others find cynics like themselves.

My big question is this: are you cynical, or are you bitter? There's a difference, and the former has a lot more success with dating than the latter.
>>
>>17292022

answer the question: what about being a cynic would stop you from dating?
>>
>>17292045
I'm the bitter anon. What advice do you have for me in becoming less bitter?
>>
>>17292045
>>17292045

Cynical. Bitterness stems from past experience where ill feelings stick with you; that's not a category I fall within. I'm just tired of everyone's shit and their awful personalities and refuse to put up with it in order to find a significant other.
>>
>>17292052

depends on what you are bitter about.

why do you think it holds you back from dating?
>>
>>17292057

so what you're saying is that literally everyone sucks?

sounds bitter, not cynical
>>
>>17292067
I've just been burned a lot and hard. I'm a textbook romantic, but now I find myself angry and cold. I realized it was an issue when I started evaluating a girl based on what I could get out of her, something I've never done before.
>>
>>17292072

>inability to see another's prospective
>injects what they already think into their diagnosis
>calls them wrong

yeah, I have no backing or grounds to by cynical and disappointing with people at all.
>>
>>17292080

ur being rather vague, so its hard to really give advice. but are you sure its not that you have a warped view of what relationships are?

you say you're a textbook romantic, but those kidns of people tend to have high expectations for relationships. if you view them for waht they are, you might be more inclined to enjoy em.

i went to five highschools growing up, so i gave up really quick on that whole 'OH WERE SO IN LOVE AND GONNA GET MARRIED'. i thought msot people did, but from what I've seen on /adv/ a lot of people still think that everyones supposed t ofall in love in the early 20s and get married.

vision from age of ultron said 'something isnt beautiful because it lasts'. and its pretty applicable here.

i date here and there and i enjoy it but i never go in thinking 'well were gonna get married'. i know whats likely going to be the cause of the break up and i simply enjoy it while i have it.

have you heard of the sonnet of fidelity? when translated
>I'll be able to say to myself of the love (I had):
>Be not immortal, since it is flame
>But be infinite while it lasts.
>>
>>17292022
>George Carlin

DROPPED
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.