[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get rid of self-defeating behaviour?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image%3A404918.gif (165 KB, 144x127) Image search: [Google]
image%3A404918.gif
165 KB, 144x127
How to get rid of self-defeating behaviour?
>>
File: Suggestion.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Suggestion.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
>>17292021
>>
>>17292026
It's gotten to the point, I suspect my subconscious is implying it
>>
why do you want to get rid of it ?
>>
>>17292156
I can feel the exact moment i choose to fuck myself up and more often then not can't resist driving me to despair.
It's college exam and work ethic thing.

If i fail once again i'll be crushed and i can't stop it.
>>
>>17292156
Because it's a shit ability
>>17292021
>he'll never have a hidden ability
I still like him.

Honestly i don't know, i am very defeatist at random times in my life; it just comes and goes. I have no idea how i would deal with it if i was like that all the time.
>>
>>17292173
Will you be devoured by vermines if you don't pass the exam ?
>>
>>17292173
I have a simple trick to overcome self-defeating behaviour : just exagerate the defeat to the point that you will see the difference between reality and the illusion of reality that is simply here to block you.
>>
>>17292193
Nigga say what?
>>
>>17292222
>>17292220
Did you read my explanation ?
>>
>>17292173
Archeopteryx pokemon is amazing no matter what, man
>>17292193
I have worked towards it all my school, and was really excelling person. Then i had a major bite i couldn't chew in highschool, lost will to live then.
Pathetic.
Now it's haunting me that i am fooling myself that i can achieve something.
That i am on an ego trip and my parents are/will be very embarassed when i fail once again.
Don't want my parents to be disappointed and be send to make subs in my hometown.

I was doing fine, but this week i didn't prepare and if i fail i probably won't prepare to the next exam and get expelled. Know that i screw up and lead myself to misery, but still.

>>17292220
It won't help me, i kind of believe i can kill myself if things get unbearable.
>>
>>17292242
> It won't help me, i kind of believe i can kill myself if things get unbearable.
"I kind of" implies that you don't have a firm resolve, I'm not proud of you ... .
>>
>>17292254
Kek, yeah, i just haven't decided where and how to do it.
How to stop being that pathetic though, like i don't see a point in living if things don't go my way.
>>
>>17292242
So if I understand well : you know x,y, z and not w and not knowing w is destroying your knowledge on x, y, z ? Omg i think your life will end if you don't know w ! Is the exam only about w ?
>>
>>17292222
Those quads!
>>
>>17292270
My parents will be disappointed and i'll feel like shit.
I don't know why am i overreacting this much.
>>
>>17292297
They will be more than dissapointed, they will say "You don't know 'w' ?" and then they will behead you ? You know x,y and z so go back to work if you want your head to stand still ... .
>>
>>17292312
Well, i keep making same mistakes, i can feel their disappointment when i see the happy smilies they send me in messengers.
This situation isn't really threatening, but i know i will sabotage myself again and again.
How do i deal with the root of my problems?
>>
>>17292331
So, do you need the appreciation of your parents to correct your mistake ?
They are not helping you by showing their disappointment so you can forget about them. Evacuate the influence of your parents from the root of your problem.
So what's left inside the root ?
>>
>>17292419
I just randomly waste my time on shit, when i have to do something important. As if i don't feel time. Like videogame for 10 hours straight.
Or i consciously don't use the opportunity to make things right.
>>
>>17292464
Procrastination is not good you know ... . 10 hours straight is a lot ... . Also you are describing effect not cause.
> don't use the opportunity to make things right
implies that you know how to do things right.
So go out from 4chan, cool of your head by walking on the street for 1 h and come back to your sense.
>>
>>17292489
Why do i have this desire to fuck up my life though?
Maybe i don't like being myself, judging by all that escapism. How to fix that?
>>
>>17292509
>>17292489
Did you read carefully my comment ?
> implies that you know how to do things right.
So everything is fine you are capable to pass the exam, and you are a bit of an attention seeker I think so ... .
> Why do i have this desire to fuck up my life though?
Concentrate on your exam, don't make a check on your whole life ... . Maybe you wants to fuck up your life because you wants to be praised ?
>>
>>17292026
I'm getting to the point where I feel like suicide is no longer an option and simply something I have to do.
>>
>>17292509
Maybe you are feeling lonely and without praise from someone ? Don't blame yourself, blame the society.
>>
>>17292525
I don't know anymore.
When i fail everything i usually become catatonic and enter derealization state.
I managed to bond with losers last time, but it's not good enough. Never beg for pity in real life.
Maybe i want freedom from this reality more than anything else.
Okay, i'd go now.
>>
>>17292537
>Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.
Go to what ?
>>
>>17292544
To study, i haven't failed it yet.

One more question then, how to study all night? Sleep for one hour and study the rest? I literally know nothing, i need to just pass.

>>17292531
Isn't me, unless i have multiple personalities, creepy.
>>
>>17292558
Ouf I hope so !
> One more question then, how to study all night?
First you need to set up an organisation :
- what do you need to know ?
- what are the subjects that you are confident in ? You can pass them or treat them on the fly to save time
- Identificate weakness or lack of knowledge by reading diagonnally the course, and then concentrate on them
After you have organized your thought, you can work on subjects that are your weaknesses.
Also do you need 18 up to 20/20 to pass the exam ? You can lower the expectation.
>>
>>17292558
> Sleep for one hour and study the rest?
How many days you have left ? 1 or 2 days ? You can plan to make some repartition of work. Also sleeping is important in order to remenber things.
>>
>>17292558
One last word : do your best !
>>
>>17292576
I legitly did nothing, just not failing will do. Know nothing. School basics won't help here.
Ok, i'll try to write everything as fast as i can without sleep
And now i think it's okay to fail it though.
>>
>>17292580
10 hours
Planned to tackle everything today, it didn't work.
>>17292586
Thanks, anon, that's nice!
>>
>>17292606
Working 10 h will never work unless you are a robot.
You need to plan a repartition of your work.
Also you can alternate work and going outside : 2 h of work and 15 min of walking.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.