[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello adv, I keep having these dreams of my father abusing me,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: )=.jpg (135 KB, 800x1043) Image search: [Google]
)=.jpg
135 KB, 800x1043
Hello adv, I keep having these dreams of my father abusing me, mostly choking me, what does this mean?
>>
Dreams are nothing more than your brain attempting to process all the random crap that it didn't have time to deal with over the course of the day. It tries to do this all at once, and so things get mashed together in ways that often don't make much sense to the conscious. Seeing something in a dream only means that that thing has been on your mind, possibly in ways that aren't even connected to the context it had within the dream itself.

Recurring dreams, in and of themselves, mean only that the thing you're dreaming about is on your mind a lot. So for whatever reason, you've been doing a lot of thinking about your dad, abuse, and choking.

I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting. These things in combination must be very frightening to think about. But could you tell us more? Why are abuse and strangulation on your mind so much these days? What about your dad? Is he in fact abusing to, or did he in the past, or are you afraid he might do it in the future? Or do you know someone else who is being abused by their own father? Or is your brain just mashing unrelated concepts together?
>>
>>17291616
>Dreams are nothing more
Dropped.
Dreams are extremely complex things that we have little knowledge of how they work.
>>
Sleep apnea.
>>
Dream's are you experiencing your life in another parallel universe. Ever have a dream that is so real, but has absolutely nothing to do with any of your own experiences.

Yep, your father was a dick somewhere in the multiverse
>>
>>17291717
Dogs dream.

Therefore your point is invalid.
>>
You're afraid of your father and suppressed the reason why. My guess anyway.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.