[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my girlfriend have a happy relationship for almost a year,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 314x161) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 314x161
Me and my girlfriend have a happy relationship for almost a year, but today i notice tha she keeps her facebook status as 'Single'.
I really don't like facebook but she access everyday, so I doubt that she just forgot to change.
I'm a grown man and I know this isn't so important, this make me more silly.
I don't know how to talk about this without drama and don't be a fool.
>>
Just change yours to in a relationship with her. It should give her a notification for her to accept or decline it. If she declines, that's weird.
>>
>>17291541
Are you keeping your relationship a secret from someone? Maybe her relatives or something?
It's probably not a big deal, anyway. I'm a girl myself and I enter facebook sometimes and I can tell you, I could totally forget to change my relationship status. It's not an important thing, really.
>>
It was important in highschool. I rarely even see notifications theses days..

If I were to get in a relationship is maybe hide mine, but honestly whatever
>>
>>17291550

Do you really think she just forgot? I thought that was super important for girls, specially for those whom likes facebook ...
>>
>>17291559
I think hidden is ok but "single" bugs me
>>
>>17291541
>but she access everyday, so I doubt that she just forgot to change.
I wouldn't say that. It's not like Facebook asks whether you're still single every time you log on. It can easily be one of those things you set when you sign up and then forget about.

Plus, afaik, changing it creates a notification for all your friends, which is just inviting people to comment on your personal life. It's possible she either doesn't want that herself, or doesn't feel right about doing it without your consent, and in general doesn't see it as enough of an issue to bring up.
>>
how you would approach the subject ?
>>
>>17291566

I mean two options. Does she have picture of you two on there? What is her thoughts on the matter?

I mean you can ask her to change it but I really don't see the need.
>>
>>17291572
I broke up with my gf yesterday, and I was strongly influenced to do it by how stupid it sounded when she started crying and raging about how I had liked another girl's instagram post.

Do NOT bring it up as a slight against you, or something bad she's done - you'll sound like a teenage girl meem
Just casually mention 'hey I was thinking of changing my fb status to 'in a relationship', what do you reckon?'
If she's not keen, there are legit reasons for that, so ask what her reasoning is
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.