[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dad leaves when I'm 18 >i never liked him and he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (75 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75 KB, 499x499
>Dad leaves when I'm 18
>i never liked him and he never liked me
>he was 42 and he ran off with a 23 year old who had a kid
>she pumps out three of his
>family has disowned him.
>grandmother has cut him out of her will(she is pretty wealthy) and is leaving everything to me and my one cousin
>dad tries to reconcile with his brother
>my uncle can't stand him
>uncle calls me today
>says dad was talking shit, says I will never amount to anything and I am a huge disappointment.
>dad says he is glad he left me and my mom for a better family
>tfw when I have a good career and make $42/hr at 23 years old
>tfw I make more money then him
>I'm about to buy a condo in Vancouver
>he doesn't know any of this

Should I call him and put him in his place? I have not spoken to him in 4 years and I really want to let him know I am a better person than he is and that he is getting nothing from her mother and it is going to me (he is or rally greedy and I know that will piss him off)
>>
>>17290756
Nah. Just let him rot.
>>
>>17290756
Sorry for grammar mistakes I am posting this from my iPad
>>
Wait it out even more, and make him grovel back when he is old and broke - trust your other family members actions on him
>>
>>17290756
You're making the mistake of putting value into the opinion of someone you never liked, or possibly even respected.

Just pretend he doesn't exist and remind anyone if it comes up that you have no interest in discussing him in any capacity. Good job though, keep living.
>>
>condo in Vancouver

nigga how the fuck? this is literally my dream but I can't even afford to live in Van
>>
>>17290785
I like this idea. Considering today's trends it's pretty safe to say his wife will leave him in the future. Man I get a boner just thinking about her taking half his shit, slapping hi, with child support and him finding out he gets nothing

>>17290798
Yeah you are right, I know it shouldn't bother me but it does. When guys at work ask me what my parents do I just say my dad is dead
>>
>>17290800
When I say van I mean Coquitlam, also making 2.6k after taxes and union dues doesn't hurt
>>
>>17290809
yeah ive seen condos in PoCo and even there it's a shitshow. what industry do you work in?
>>
>>17290815
I'm a railroader. I build the train that makes you late to where to you are going
>>
reminds me of my shitty dad. when he died i actually felt relieved.
anywho, you should just move on and continue ignoring him. maybe ask your uncle if he could keep future info to himself bc you dont want to talk about him.
think of it like this, you hate how your dad talks shit, but you think it'd be ok if you did it back? you'd be doing the same thing he does. if you want to continue being the bigger person then just ignore him.
>>
>>17290822

Shit senpai you are right. I shouldn't care what a worthless peasant thinks of me, I guess it's just my ego trying to make me prove something.

I'm just going to forget about him until he bites the bullet... That is going to be a great day(sorry Jesus)
>>
>>17290818
How'd you get into that? How many hours a week?
>>
>>17290864
Yeah, crazy interested in your career. $42/hr at 23? Im 26 and still at $15 so please help me out
>>
>>17290864

Best friends dad is a old time railroader. Got us both in and we are laughing now. I work a spare board so I'm on call 24/7. Most weeks I get five days in but some days I don't. If I don't get 10 days in two weeks I'm given a $2000 gaurentee. So even if I only work one day in the week I make money, but that being said I am expected to answer my phone and go to work at any time of the day
>>
>>17290877
>>17290864

Unfortunately CN and CP rail are currently laying off because of how bad the dollar is right now but if you wait till the economy picks up and if you have a trade you will probably get hired. When the industry is booming they need guys in the running trades like crazy.
>>
If you did, he'd feel like even more shit so, if you want him to feel like the huge fucking loser he sounds like, do it
>>
If you want to drown in a mirror then go ahead and do it.
>>
>>17290894
I don't get it? Is that a metiphore?
>>
>>17290897
I think so, maybe he's saying that by you doing that you'll become like your dad or some shit idek
>>
>>17290894
Deep
>>
>>17290884
aye my uncle just got laid off yesterday in van
>>
That's not gonna change his mind. A person who thinks of you as trash will try with everything they have to maintain that opinion of you until the day you die.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.