[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is masculinity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: JUST1.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST1.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
I am a 25 year old male and I don't feel too masculine. I don't feel feminine or anything but I feel like in the past they had like rites of passages and shit. Or you could take up and learn how to fight with a sword or some shit.

Now.. I feel like I kind of just "lived" to age 25 and I can't really do much of anything you would expect a man to be able to do. I can't change a tire. Can't fix anything not computer related. Can't attract women. Can't fist fight. Can't drive.

However, I feel like a womans femininity just gets handed to them while I have to figure out a way to earn it. Why is that?

What is even worse is that it seems like a woman can "revoke" your masculinity. Its almost as if women determine what is masculine and what isn't. Am I wrong?

Anyway, how do I develop masculinity? I don't like treating people like shit either.
>>
Firstly you need to dispense with the notion that masculinity can be defined as any set or combination of traits. Find out what you're good at and get better, figure something you want to try and master it. Blah blah blah
>>
>>17290363
>Anyway, how do I develop masculinity?
Lift. Elliot Hulse on YouTube. Chief Keef.
>>
>>17290363

>womans femininity just gets handed to them

Fuck you, seriously. "Femininity" is just as fucking confusing while also being nonsensical. Doing hair? Putting on make up? Dressing fashionably? What the fuck is that even? Yes, I mad.
>>
>>17290363
27 year old, full disclosure, slightly drunk. I posted the Durotan/orc thread a few posts down.

I'm an IT guy and also cannot fix anything not computer related. I have nothing against women in regards to their apparent knowledge of self but I feel that the world we live in rewards "feminine" behavior for both genders. I feel that this has something to do with the fact that the most masculine life paths available in terms of providing for a family are engineering and computer/software work, both of which involve staring at a screen for 10+ hours a day. That can't be good for the male psyche.
>>
>>17290382

You don't need to wear make up you know. Also, dressing fashionably? A lot of women put tremendous effort into things no one gives a shit about. I highly doubt the dudes cares if you put on some fucking jeans and a blouse or something.
>>
>>17290412

Those were examples of what (mostly other women) define as feminine. If you don't do those things (at least in the 90s when I was growing up), you're a dyke or a weirdo. I'm speaking from personal experience here. The point is, the notions of what is feminine or masculine rely on entirely arbitrary parameters, but at least the masculine behaviors are somewhat useful.
>>
File: 1405463372605.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1405463372605.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>17290373
bang bang

>>17290363
OP, being masculine is just about not giving a fuck what others think about you
that's literally it nigga
>>
>>17290363
This will help http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16903
I also highly HIGHLY recommend that you read the Book of Pook, a compilation of posts by the same author as above on similar topics. https://bookofpook.neocities.org Godspeed bro.
>>
>>17290363
Truth is nobody knows what masculinity is and how to achieve it. Some may say that they know but in truth, it's very damm confusing. I suffer from this myself, I guess all I can say is just literally be yourself. Don't worry about people who want to judge you unless it's good constructive criticism that will help you in life.
>>
>>17290363
Maybe start with good posture and eye contact with everyone - stand up straight and don't look away much, but dont look creepy - some smile or something

Youtube has like a million videos on any fuckin thing you want to do - watch one and try to do it

You dont need to fight anyone so thats not really needed, if youre scared buy a can of mace or run
>>
Martial arts.

Look into it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.