[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feeling weak and vulnerable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: pcrf054976.jpg (18 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
pcrf054976.jpg
18 KB, 400x267
Me and a friend got into a bit of an argument and it ended up in a fight. I tried to walk away before it escalated because I know I'm not a fighter but he didnt allow me to. My other friends stopped the fight before it got too out of hand but I was pretty much getting my shit fucked up. He's not a huge guy or a trained fighter, I'm just quite short and skinny (about 5'6 and 103lbs).
Before I had always felt quite insecure about my small frame mainly because it makes me feel like less of a man but today has really made me feel like shit about being so helpless. I sort of gave up on the idea of getting bigger and accepted my small body after I realised I could still get women despite it but today has made me realise maybe I should still try to get bigger and maybe learn to defend myself. One thing that kind of puts me off is my height. Sometimes it feels like it doesn't matter what I do I'll always be short anyway so it doesn't matter.

I'm not really sure what kind of advice I'm looking for here but hopefully some of you can find some to give me.
>>
Nice "friends"
Lmao
>>
>>17290166
Yeah I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for what he's done today so it's safe to say he's no longer my friend.
>>
>>17290132
You want the best advice for this situation?

Learn. That's right. Learn. It's sounds simple and stupid, but it'll make sense in the future. Learn from what happened. Learn about how you feel and why you feel that way.
>>
>>17290180
This.
>>
Time to do SS and GOMAD
>>
>>17290132
It doesn't matter how big you get, you're always going to run into people who are bigger and can fuck you up.

What you might find to be more useful than just pure brute strength is some basic martial arts training, especially joint locks. Fingers and wrists are extremely easy to trap and break, and breaking them will make people who aren't really dedicated to violence much less aggressive.

For a fight arising from an argument, I find that shame can work pretty well to deter an attack, as does reminding people that one of the consequences of attacking you is that they're going to go to jail.

Anyway, at your height and weight you're probably not only physically weak but also have a pretty low level of fitness. Becoming more physically fit is a worthwhile goal even if you don't care about gaining a lot of muscle.
>>
Drop this friend. That is inexcusable.

Start lifting and eating to improve self esteem and health.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.