[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I fell for a girl. Normally this wouldn't be an issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: trebuchet.jpg (233 KB, 1426x882) Image search: [Google]
trebuchet.jpg
233 KB, 1426x882
So I fell for a girl. Normally this wouldn't be an issue because I have no problems getting pussy, but she is... complicated.

In certain areas, she's incredibly chill, she laughs at the jokes on her expense, she talks a lot and I've never met anyone more confident than her, yet I have a feeling that she is a very private person underneath it all.

Now I realize I know almost nothing about her life because of the way she always dodges questions. Once she mentioned in front of me that she writes a lot. When I asked her to let me see it, she refused since "it would make me change my opinion of her." It's like there are barriers that I'm unable to overcome, an established extent to which I'm allowed to know her.

What's even worse, she never takes me seriously and twists every compliment I give her into a joke only to flirt with me later. How do I proceed?
>>
You're dating this girl right?
Ever thought of addressing this with her? Some people are just private; if you feel like you know nothing about her maybe you fell in love with an act she puts up.
>>
>>17289666
how much time has she had to get used to you? is it a problem if she is a private person? if she isnt just a private person, she may have trust issues or be shy. Make her feel comfortable
>>
how long have you known her? There are always going to be some things you don't know about a person, no matter how intimately you get to know each other. Hell, people don't even know everything about themselves. Furthermore, revealing your "true self" (however you want to conceive of that) to someone demands a lot of vulnerability. It could be that she's a little insecure (I know you say she's confident, but this can always be a front), or doesn't think she knows you well enough yet. In fact, it could be a good sign; I've known many people who present themselves as a complete open book when you first meet them, and yet ultimately end up being deceptive, petty, or otherwise shitty. Meanwhile, people that I've found very difficult to get to know have often resulted in my most rewarding relationships.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.