[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it beta/an embarrassment that I know virtually nothing about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 357-clarkson.jpg (43 KB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
357-clarkson.jpg
43 KB, 375x250
is it beta/an embarrassment that I know virtually nothing about cars? I can do dinosaurs.
>>
>>17289665
Can you at leat drive a car?
>>
>>17289665
I'm an auto enthusiast and a lot people that think they know anything about cars don't know a damn thing. But anyway, basic car knowledge puts you in the good graces of most women.

t. >/o/
>>
>>17289665
No. No one gives a fuck. If you don't give a fuck, ain't no one else gonna give a fuck.
>>
Fifty years ago people could work on their own cars, and car repair was a useful skill to know.

Now it's virtually impossible for a layman to do his own repairs, and there's really not a nickel's worth of difference between the makes and models anymore, so:

Nah. It don't matter no more.
>>
>>17289665
Only poor people and peasants work on their own cars.

D means drive and P means park.

That's all you need.
>>
>>17289810
>virtually impossible for a layman to do his own repairs
No its not. Youre just as uneducated as someone who didnt know cars 50 years ago saying the same exact thing
>>
File: 1384380042984.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1384380042984.gif
1 MB, 480x270
If you have a car you should know some basic things like putting gas in a changing a spare. Otherwise you really don't need to know much.
>>
>>17289887
I stand by my statement.
>>
>>17289665
>is it beta/an embarrassment that I know virtually nothing about cars?
Not really, no.Some guys are in to them, some aren't. There's a couple of blokes at work who talk for hours about the specs of all the latest models and honestly it's a bit sad. It's like watching two grown men playing top trumps without the cards.

As far as driving goes as long as you can get from A to B without hitting anything you're good. Knowing how much torque it produces or how it produces that torque makes no difference at all.

Also, dinosaurs are a lot more interesting.

>>17289810
>Fifty years ago people could work on their own cars
>Now it's virtually impossible for a layman to do his own repairs
Also this

>>17289817
>Only poor people and peasants work on their own cars.
And this.

>>17289887
>No its not. Youre just as uneducated as someone who didnt know cars 50 years ago saying the same exact thing
Twenty something years ago I had a mk2 fiesta. To work on it I could step over the grille and stand inside the engine bay with my calves on the radiator and my knees on the engine block. With my current car however, I've never seen the engine - it's sealed from the bottom, and the only exposed part from the top is a hose from the air filter to the inlet manifold. Not to mention the fact that my box of rusty spanners doesn't contain a diagnostic computer, nor the ability to clear faults from the onboard computer. Don't think taking a bit of wire wool to the keyless entry system will help if the locks get sticky either.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.