[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get over aversion I have towards people who either style
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: angershregger.png (316 KB, 326x413) Image search: [Google]
angershregger.png
316 KB, 326x413
How to get over aversion I have towards people who either style themselves accordingly to music genre they listen to (metal), watch anime, read and watch fantasy, go to larps...

I don't know why but I just can't take these people seriously and their existence piss me off and I can't do anything about it. I'm pretty open minded in all other directions but this I just can't take. There's something that all these people have in common I can't put my finger on.
>>
>>17289491

>How do I like something that I don't like?

Hmmmmm... I don't know... Have you tried lying? Or lying to yourself?

And I know this is a stretch, but have you considered that you don't have to like them?
>>
>>17289528
This is not entirely true, you don't have to like them to stop hating them. Just consider it takes everything to make a world and there is a big variety of who have one or multiple of these interests and are very interesting.

I admit I don't know many.
>>
The word you're looking for is "superficial." It's a certain type of person that is deeply dull on the inside, so they overcompensate with their outward appearance/activities. They're not capable of being interesting just by being themselves, so they align themselves with activities/cultures that they find interesting. You're seeing a loud declaration that they'd rather belong to a herd than do their own thing.

This, obviously, does not apply to all people who enjoy the things you listed. People can do this to themselves with pretty much ANY hobby or interest or subculture. Some people design their whole lifestyle & personality around their sexuality, some people get way too obsessed with a sports team, it's all the same thing.
>>
>>17289528
Yeah, no, I know I don't need to like them. It's not like I like most of the people I come to contact with anyway but the other day I was hanging out with my friend and her friend. There was one I didn't know and she was like this. I felt kinda like shit because later that night I got drunk and told my friend that I didn't like that one friend of her's.

Gonna keep it for myself the next time.
>>
>>17289491
That kind of shit is embarrassing and autistic as hell
>>
>>17289544
As someone who actually likes all of the activities OP mentioned, I have to agree with this. You will usually recognize these types by the virtue of them not being able to shut up about their autistic hobbies for two seconds.
>>
>>17289491
>I don't know why but I just can't take these people seriously and their existence piss me off and I can't do anything about it.
Until you understand your aversion, it will never go away. Spend some time soul-searching on this one: why DO you hate them so much?
>>
>>17289555
Because they are all the same. The moment I come to understanding what kind of interests the person I'm talking to is carrying I know that whatever will happen I already lived through and heard from someone else who shared his hobbies.

It's like if these interests make clones outta people.
>>
>>17289491
Stop talking like that, for starters.
>>
>>17289653
Like how? English is not my first language, man.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.