[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you guys handle this shit? >bf is coming to meet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1465944657956.jpg (25 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
1465944657956.jpg
25 KB, 500x302
how would you guys handle this shit?

>bf is coming to meet my family for the first time for dinner
>can't make dinner at home, gotta find a place for us to eat
>mom refuses to eat anywhere new and prefers a quiet, fancy-ish kind of setting, and most preferred is japanese or asian
>bf is fairly flexible, but unfamiliar with asian cuisine; not into sashimi and doesn't know how to use chopsticks. has social anxiety

i suggested italian, mediterranian, grills, etc. but my mom would just pick me apart for whatever i choose, yet insists i be the one who finds a place to eat.

i do know a place my mom would be happy with, but it'll completely compromise my boyfriend's tastes... what do i do?
>>
>>17289093
If i were you i'd talk with your bf about it. Hell, if i was in such situation i'd suggest you'd teach me how to use chopsticks and give me a little try of asian food before going out.
He's the one who's supposed to work hard to make a good impression.

And in my opinion, social anxiety is way overused today. It's a poor excuse to man up and do things that you're supposed to do if you want your life to be entertaining.
>>
>>17289093

asian is much more than raw fish. most every sushi restaurant ive been to also has basically rice with a sort of asian fried chicken or something similar. go through the menu with him before him and show him pictures of the food cuz chances are half of its just slightly higher quality versionso f what he gets at chinese take out.

after that, simply say 'HI COULD WE GET SOME FORKS' to your wiattress, cuz there is no japanese restaurant that refuses to carry forks you dumb bitch.

>social anxiety

have you considered telling him to grow the fuck up? no one likes meeting hte parents. its a chore. but acting like its a traumatizing event cuz of
>muh brain condition

is dumb.

and TALK TO YOUR BOYFRIEND
say
>my moms a bitch, she wants to eat here
>i know you're not a big fan, but can you NOT BE A FUCKING BABY FOR FIVE SECONDS AND JUST EAT SOME FRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP OR SOMETHING

take out the profanity and rudeness but you get the idea. this is dinner at a restaurant. not the invasion of normandie.
>>
>>17289109

>And in my opinion, social anxiety is way overused today. It's a poor excuse to man up and do things that you're supposed to do if you want your life to be entertaining.

this. nothing drives me more insane then
>I CANT DO XX CUZ I HAVE ANXIETY
>BUT I STILL DEMAND YY TELL ME HOW TO GET IT

it is an excuse.
>>
Is this The Joy Luck Club in real life?Are your names Waverly and Rich?

Also >>17289109 has it. Start practicing (also read/watch The Joy Luck Club).
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.