[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When filling out job applications should I let the employer know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 0yVHmgB[1].jpg (186 KB, 882x960) Image search: [Google]
0yVHmgB[1].jpg
186 KB, 882x960
When filling out job applications should I let the employer know I have disability (leg doesn't work) or leave that section blank?

Which will grant me the be chance of a interview?
>>
Depends on the country, some countries the government will give the business enough in tax breaks to fund almost your entire salary.
>>
I usually put "will discuss" in that category.
>>
File: 1466057552739.jpg (718 KB, 2048x1452) Image search: [Google]
1466057552739.jpg
718 KB, 2048x1452
>>17289107
I'm in America. This is an office job and I've worked office jobs in the past. It hasn't effect me before.
>>
Just don't write anything about deseases or disabilities.
Believe me, i did that before...
Big mistake
>>
who is this cock sock?
>>
I would never hire anyone with a disability because it is so easy to sue in the united states.

any time you hire a minority or disabled person it is really hard to fire them even if they are a completely shit employee.
>>
>>17289121
I wouldn't mention it, as long as it doesn't prevent you from going up the stairs or anything. It's illegal to discriminate on the basis of a disability that doesn't effect your duties
>>
>>17289128
That's what I figured

>>17289125
My brother was in line for a promotion and they wanted to give him the job but they had to interview a minority before hiring him. I figured I could at least get my foot in the door for an interview.

>>17289128
Wish I knew, only have the name of Angelica Pires
>>
>>17289131
Illegal or not, its hard to tell that you didnt get hired because of THIS reason
>>
It's illegal to discriminate you literal retard.
>>
>>17289142
And I mean a lot of companies will just toss your resume if you something dumb like this. Same with putting your picture on it.
>>
>>17289142
not hiring is not discrimination. and 'it's illegal to discriminate' is the very reason no one wants to hire cripples - can't get rid of them.
>>
>>17289142
How would you know you got discriminated because of the disability you faggot?
>>
>>17289146
>>17289150
I really don't have the time to give you guys an 8th grade education right now in sorry.
>>
>>17289152
Don't worry kid, you'll reach 8th grade too someday.
>>
>>17289152
i can't wait for you to get fucked by the real world
>>
>>17289142
It is. But how would I prove that they didn't hire me because of a disability? The fact I can sue makes me a big liability and more likely to ignore me.
>>
Are cripples better employees?

I'd figure since they don't have much of a life due to their injuries, they'd be pretty good employees?
>>
>>17289160
Don't bother mate, this guy won't get a serious job! And crack will do the rest to fuck him up
>>
>>17289164
Some are entitled as shit and will do bare minimum because they think the world owes them something. Some will work harder than others because they want to prove themselves.
>>
>>17289144
Wait what? In yurop everyone puts their picture on their resume.
>>
Bigger companies might have some handicap quota or something to meet, OP.
>>
>>17289182
Yupp, thats how we do it.
You won't get the chance for an interview in most companies without a picture
>>
>>17289188
I wish that thing what done here in the US. Help weed out the non-whites that have neutral names. And helps avoid ugly people.
>>
>>17289190
I wish that was done*
>>
>>17289121
affected* you fucking retard
how did you even get a job? is the bar that low in "America"
>>
>>17289205
Dude chill
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.