[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ /pol/ack here Hoping to acquire some wise words from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 392348234.jpg (42 KB, 429x600) Image search: [Google]
392348234.jpg
42 KB, 429x600
Hey /adv/

/pol/ack here

Hoping to acquire some wise words from you guys.

Been trying to find a career that I'd love, I'm a great writer but I don't know how I could get started with a writing job.

What would be the first steps to get your foot into the door of journalism/writing and possibly just get an average paying writing job?
>>
>writing
>not a degenerate career

pick one
>>
>>17288965

journalism requires a very intense journalism focus. the first step is going to fucking college and studying journalism for four years. then getting an internship and wokring your way up. it is in no way a lax industry.

you can try to make it as a blogger online, but that bubbles burst and it relies mostly on randomness as opposed to skill (and of course selling out).

writers who publish books dont get enough money to live off of unless their books get picked up as a movie.

even writers with over 30 books in their series still have jobs on the side. my boyfriend published 5 novels so far, and he still has a day job. the guy who created the Xanth series (as well as many other series) still has to run an entire farm to support his family.

being a great writer and being a passioante writer are two different things. if you are passionate, write for fun and seek publication where you can.

consider writing a radio play first (Extremely easy to produce, free even) and use that to push people to buy your paper back novels to gain hype. once you have hype start sending out your books to be published and make note of your independent success.
>>
>/pol/ack
>journalism

Keep your biased, prejudice cancer to yourself.
>>
>>17288965
>/pol/ack here
>Hoping to acquire some wise words from you guys.
Get off /pol/. That shit's poison. Hey, you asked for wise words.

>What would be the first steps to get your foot into the door of journalism/writing and possibly just get an average paying writing job?
Copy-editing.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.