[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should you try to get practice low tier girlfriends before going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: aim low.jpg (9 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
aim low.jpg
9 KB, 235x235
First of all I think I'm bisexual but I'm not going after guys because I don't feel like facing the social homophobic pressure. I have gender issues (like pretty much fucking everyone these days) but I don't want to make this the daily transgender thread. Only my parents and a therapist know these two things about me.

Anyway, my therapist and some normie sort of friend guys told me I should broaden my possibilities when it comes to women. I personally only rarely go after some girl romantically and only if I find her really really special and interesting. This is like once every one or two years. I've never had an actual relationship. I'm not sure if I do mind or not, I mean I would only want to be with someone I really like and that's pretty rare.

Is it worth it to go after people I don't like that much? To me it sounds like it's lowering my aim, and like just trying to get a practice gf that won't make me happy, and it's not worth the effort but they always say the typical "you never know maybe you fall in love with that person in the end". And they say that I can't expect to meet someone who's "perfect".
When I find someone I really like I do feel a bit desperate but I'm not desperate for relationships in general, who I would be with is more important than having a relationship in general to me.

What do you recommend? By the way I do have a bunch of friends, most of them are girls for some reason, I'm covered in that area.

Thanks!
>>
>>17288829
No, you really shouldn't.

First of all, why? What would you get out of this? Having to lower your aim is bad.

Moreover, these "low tier girlfriends" are human too. Doesn't it seem like a dick move to practice on them?
>>
>>17288829
>Is it worth it to go after people I don't like that much?

How the fuck would anyone know that?! Haha.

Hm, I mean... You should do what you think is best for you.
>>
>>17288840
>these "low tier girlfriends" are human too
Exactly, that's why the advice from these normies surprised me. Unless I was missing something about it which is why I'm making this thread.
But again, they say that "it may not be practice you may meet the one by aiming lower" though they don't refer to it as aiming lower, they say I expect too much from someone to consider her a potential partner and that I should look for less qualities in a person.
For example I noticed all the girls I've been this attracted to are brunettes, had my same-ish sense of humour, liked music a lot or at least were into art, were very skinny and sort of flat, and had a personality I find likeable.
I don't know if I'm being too demanding but I don't know why I haven't really felt attracted to a girl without those features.
>>
>>17288850
(and >>17288840)
Thanks! Yah I was just wondering if maybe the right way to do it is by aiming lower. Like if that's the way people get relationships unless they are really lucky. And if the lack of relationships will eventually cause me trouble because of this.
Literally my therapist, and of course these 2 guys I've mentioned, told me to just go after "the girl with the nice ass or the girl I find hot" and not care too much about other features.
>>
>>17288840
>Moreover, these "low tier girlfriends" are human too. Doesn't it seem like a dick move to practice on them?

Yes, it's a dick move, and immoral, but the alternative is to sink deeper into forever alone territory. It's unpleasant-ville either way.

Up to OP.

>First of all, why? What would you get out of this? Having to lower your aim is bad.

That's not the first of all... You started with the conclusion that it's bad for the "low tier" girls and then worked your way backwards.

For OP, it would be helpful. For the girls, it would be destructive.
>>
>>17288855

Depends on whether you think it's worth it to lower your standards. It's up to you.
>>
yea, practice on fat chicks.

it gives you the whole stages of the relationship also, meeting, dating, sex, doing stuff together, fighting with women, breaking up.

don't be a complete asshole though, but just keep your eye out for a good girlfriend and then break up with her when you find one. also make sure to pressure her to lose weight as it will be a good deed for her future and also the future of your country if you have socialized medicine.
>>
>>17288829
You have bigger problems. The tiers mean that you are putting people below you, and that's a slippery slope to narcissism.
>>
>>17288840
>Doesn't it seem like a dick move to practice on them?
Why? Both parties get something they want. Worst case you quickly realize it won't work out and end it. Maybe his high standards are boxing out people he is compatible with, but he doesn't know it.
>>
Maybe the issue is with how people see the word "practice." Personally it makes me imagine faking a relationship. Pretending to be into someone so you can get the relationship experience. But that sounds like it'd keep you from learning important things like trust/respect/communication.

You don't sound interested in casual dating. Having a practice girl seems more like practice for those than for long term relationships.
>>
>>17288829
Depends on what you mean.

Giving extended chances to people you don't know very well yet, to see if they wind up surprising you with things they didn't reveal on the first couple of dates - GOOD idea.

Remaining in a relationship with somebody you just aren't attracted enough to or have enough chemistry with - BAD idea.

Letting up on some of your pickiness, realizing nobody is ever going to be 100% perfect for you, and allowing yourself to be with an imperfect person and loving them for who they are - GOOD idea.

Lowering your standards and settling for people who don't treat you well or have major deal breakers - BAD idea.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.