[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a German anon that could explain to me something.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Looking for a German anon that could explain to me something.

I moved to Germany just as i was about to finish my 4th grade of High School. Which means as of now i dont have a High school diploma and i am currently learning the German language before going into the German High school which as i know takes 2 years to complete.

I am originally from Croatia in which we have 1-8 grades of normal school and then 3-4 years of High school.

However my 1-8 grades are absolutely terrible and the only reason i was able to get into a 4 grade highschool is because of condition.

However would it be possible for me to even go to college in Germany if i have very good grades in the German High school even though my 1-8 grades are trash?

I understand this isnt really a board for such questions but i have no one else to turn to but you anons,thanks senpai
>>
Pretty sure a lot of unis have instruction in English. If you don't understand German, college in German will be hard.

Why would you leave your country for one with a different language, before you finished highschool?
>>
It depends on what you mean with "German High School" because those are split to three several institution of which only one guarantees you university access. On top of that we have several institutions where you can go and get your Abitur after you finished your regular "High School"
>>
the only things that matter in germany are which of the three types of high school you visited and your grades during your last year there. basically theres finishing after year 8 (hauptschule), 10 (realschule) and 12/13 (gymnasium, graduating here nets you the abitur aka a-levels which gives you the most options for studyong at uni afterwards).

no one gives a shit about your grades before year 8, ever.
>>
for german colleges you need a "Hochschulzugangsberechtigung"which can either be the german diploma "Abitur" or a similar international diploma, that you would need akkredation for. If you go to a german "Gymnasium" = Gramar school (there is no equivalent to Highschool in germany) you will automatically get that. Otherwise its more work and will take longer.
How good you are only matters in the choice of your subject, because quite a few courses are restricted to good grades.

So do you go to a gymnasium or what is your school here in germany called?
>>
>>17288522
not OP, but there are quite a few english college courses here aswell and probably his high school diploma wouldnt be the same as a german "abitur" therefore he couldnt study here
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.