[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does this mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1439353811818.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1439353811818.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
Yo, let me explain briefly:

>things going great with girl
>have a date and everything, seems good
>exams start and we have to not see each other for a while
>after exams says she doesnt want any other dates or relationship because of "not looking ahead" and "not emotionally mature" and "getting carried away"

She assures me it's not my fault but idk this all came out of left field for me, hoping some more experienced /adv/isors had any idea what this means?
>>
>>17288440
She's just playing hard to get
>>
>>17288442

What do you think you'd do then?

I'm a bit lost since this is one of my first times with this thing.
>>
>>17288450
Drop her. Playing hard-to-get is cruel, and should not be encouraged by continued pursuit.
>>
>>17288440
Something - possibly exams, possibly thinking of you - has spooked her on the idea of romance at all. She wants to focus on her responsibilities without being distracted by "getting carried away".

If this is true, your best path (if you still want her) is to back off on any emotional demands, but be present as a friend until she loosens up.

If she's lying, at least she's trying to let you down gently, so give her some respect for that.
>>
It means she is not looking ahead, that she is not emotionally mature and that she is getting carried away. There is nothing ambiguous about her words. There is nothing which needs to be explained or interpreted. There is no indication whatsoever that she is playing mindgames, only that she does not desire a relationship at the moment and that she does not put any blame on OP.
>>
>>17288560
>>17288559

Thanks guys, this is good advice. I was just lookin for a third opinion on all this. At least we live in different countries so won't be too awkward.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.