[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you develop self-esteem when it's clear you aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 245x245
How do you develop self-esteem when it's clear you aren't worth jack shit?
>>
>>17288225
Money
>>
>>17288228
Dad left me half a fortune. I have an investment bank thing and all like a grown hoe. No idea how it works.
>>
>>17288225
By getting up and making yourself worthwhile.
Alternatively by realising that everyone else isn't worth a jack shit too. We're all small insignificant human beings living in their small and very limited worlds/minds. Nothing, literally nothing differs you from the rest of the world.
>>
>>17288225
Every human being is only worth their weight in raw materials

Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something
>>
>>17288298
But I want to be patted and considered important by the other pointless lifeforms.
>>
>>17288225
Pretend until you start believing it.
>>
>>17288225
>How do you develop self-esteem when it's clear you aren't worth jack shit?
The first step is to understand what makes you worthless in your own eyes.
The next step is to scrutinize those terms heavily. Many people with low self-esteem come to it through unreasonable definitions of self-worth.
If the consitions stand up to scrutiny, however, then the third step is to use the information from the previous two steps to develop oneself in the necessary ways, and thus gain self-worth.
>>
>>17288409
This is good advice, OP.

Post results!
>>
>>17288225
By realizing that nobody is worth jack and by comparison you are just valid as any other human.
>>
>>17288409
I'm a gay transgender ninny and people are not as considerate of me as I would like.
>>
>>17288446
Why is that?
>>
>>17288389
>But I want to be patted and considered important by the other pointless lifeforms.
Well then option #1 is it for you:
>By getting up and making yourself worthwhile
>>
>>17288449
How do I make myself worthwhile of nice people touching my undisclosed genitals.
>>
We come to the noticeable impasse that we must get up to expend energy and that the act of being awake to spend it can be more than the energy is worth in our own minds. That being the point; it is in your own mind that which you define how much effort such an expense happens to be.

There are often some few challenges in something worthy of pursuit. There may be that you find some object of pursuit no longer valuable due to the length of your foresight, often intelligence begs us to agree, and not every venture should be seen to completion.

It is with your simple awareness firstly, noticing that you are reading, and from that awareness begs the question: on what are you going to focus? Now most people, I say most I mean most normal and conventional, dull, people, trained in their awareness by mimicry from younger ages on through their school years, don’t often need the second bit of information since their awareness latches onto something which they have been groomed to know they must invest with meaning. However this is the second point, quickly behind the first (on what are you focusing?) : What does it mean? If you follow those two questions, what am I going to focus on and what should it mean, you will stumble quickly on what you value.
>>
>>17288512
I'm gonna write a book about crows.

Like Watership Down, except it's just crows dicking around and talking shit about each other.
>>
>>17288520
I've started a book about being raised in a religious atmosphere. I'm wondering how it will turn out.
>>
>>17288525
I gotta start doing shit tons of research about crow behaviour
>>
Become good at something by working hard at improving that skill everyday.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.